Sims 4 does not load

by mrsduncan5711

Original Post

Sims 4 does not load

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I could play my Sims 4 on my PC windows 10 last night, but cannot play tonight. I did upload some new free content, so IDK if that is the problem. It brings up the game like it is loading, and I can hear the background music, but that is all I see/hear. The game will not load to the normal game screen! HELP! 

edited title to reflect subject.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 1 of 4 (284 Views)

Re: Sims 4 does not load

@mrsduncan5711  I've split your post into its own thread in the Sims 4 PC tech section, since the other thread was about Origin issues.  I also changed the title.

Please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether you can load a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If the game still won't load properly, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (249 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem, Sims 4 appears to load correctly but then locks up on the big "Sims 4" page and all I get is music. Thanks for your help, but I dont have a "Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts".  The only folder in Electronic Arts is "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4".  I don't see a "user data folder" in the Sims4 folder either.  There were two user files (UserData.Lock and UserSetting) that move to desktop and retried the game.  As you said, those two files re-spawned but the game still locked up.  

Any thoughts?   

Thanks for your time.

Message 3 of 4 (213 Views)

@allenjecoupon  When I said move your Sims 4 user data folder out of..., what I meant was exactly that: move the folder labeled "The Sims 4" out of the Electronic Arts folder.  That's your user data folder, as in, the folder that holds the data the user generates, as opposed to the folder int Program Files, which holds the game files themselves.

Please move that folder and test.  If it doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (151 Views)