Sims 4 disappointment

by queen2586

Original Post

Sims 4 disappointment

★★ Novice

Why in the world would you take the games progress so far back? This is terrible. I have only looked at it for all of 15 minutes I am not impressed. You say you took away the toddlers, the open world, and so much more for some deeper emotions???? That makes no sense whatsoever. You guys have been making these games for so long, you knew this is a major and I mean major diappoinment to everyone who started when the sims first came out. Sims 3 is better than this. Open the world back up. Put the toddlers back. Put back my options to design things the way I want to. Give me the option to see what my sim is doing. You took every fun part of the game away and you killed it. I'm very disappointed.

Message 1 of 9 (2,910 Views)

Re: Sims 4 disappointment

★ Novice

is the game just like it was in the beginning but just better graphics?

Message 2 of 9 (2,866 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I agree.  I was expecting a more complex and detailed version of the Sims 3 with better graphics.  I was extra excited because I put a lot of money into upgrading my computer recently just for 3D gaming.  I played for the past two hours and it only made me want to reinstall the Sims 3.  Create-A-Sim wasn't too bad, although the clicking and dragging seems like a rather unrefined way to design a sims face the way you want.  When I got to the neighborhood and realized how closed off everything was, I just felt a deep sinking disappointment.  Then I fought with the camera for 5 minutes trying to figure out how to change the angle so I could see better before I realized it wasn't possible.  What is there to do if I can't go around the neighborhood and city?  Visit my 3 neighbors?  It should be called The Sims: House Arrest.

Message 3 of 9 (2,838 Views)

★★★ Novice

My heart breaks. I am so disappointed. There is no life in Sims 4. It is just a shell. An app, if you will. A very expensive APP that I have been waiting on for all these years. Words do not come close to explaining my horrible disliking to this "SIMS 4" monstrosity.I would prefer to play Sims 2 or 3. I can not even believe this.  

Message 4 of 9 (2,824 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
They can't get any sim games right they ducked up simcity too.. They only care about theyre god damn money. They couldn't care less about quality
Message 5 of 9 (2,768 Views)

★★ Novice

I completely agree. It was like a app not a computer game. I requested a refund. $60 for that game was definately not worth it. It is horrible they took one step forward and like four steps back. I was hoping it would be more realistic than sims 3, thats the direction they were going and instead they made it way too cartoony and where are all my customizable options! My favorite part was creating my unique sims and creating the world they lived in. There are like no options and what happened to being able to make custom styles? The sims was my favorite game and they ruined it.

Message 6 of 9 (2,670 Views)

★★★ Newbie

House Arrest!  That's exactly what I thought!  

Message 7 of 9 (2,532 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello fellow Simmers,

I have played the Sims since the very beginning and I have to say this game is extremely disappointing.

Here is why:

• No open world, you can't walk within your neighborhood (here we are back to the original sims where there was no open world and we had to wait for the game to load with your destination of travel)

• The babies are not even seen in the cradle

• Babies look deformed; brought the baby home from hospital, could not see the baby in cradle and then when my sim picked her up the body is stretched; it's like when you download bad sim skins and it transfers over to newborns in the sims3

• Lots of glitches; could not get the open packet of seeds to release after being selected even though it open the package of seeds

• There are no areas such as Town Hall, Shopping stores, police station, schools, etc.

• Some areas for fishing are not accessible

• Sims won't do queued items and no matter how much you click on fishing on some locations the sim can't and that goes for checking out rocks and other items, it just won't work

• Camera is awful; I prefer the way it has been for years, not this new way of click and hold; can't just move the mouse around screen.

• No dishwasher or trash compressor

• Sims go to work and you can't even see them as they travel to work; they just disappear from the front of your house

• Married sims take on the last name of the first sim you create; therefore, don't create a female first or you're stuck with her last name and there is nothing you can do about it because there is no town hall to change it!

• No services for babysitter....really????

• Sims look very cartoony and if your mouse is on them, there is a white line around them like a cartoon game

I could go on and on; but I'm sure others have experienced the same or worse issues. Very disappointed and am going to calling EA and requesting a refund, this was not worth $69.99. And should I not be allowed to get a refund I will dispute the charge with the bank. This is not what we were promised; they should have informed players that this game is NOT an open world game and the worlds are VERY limited and you don't get to see your seem travel between buildings, neighbors, or work.

I hope everyone boycotts this game and EA realizes that they cannot rip players off with crappy games by going backwards instead of forward...even the original sims is better than piece of **bleep**!

What a big let down EA :womanfrustrated:

Message 8 of 9 (2,505 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

This is a forum for player-to-player assistance. If you want to give feedback, you're better off posting over on the main Sims forums.

Note that if you're unhappy, you can use the Great Game Guarantee. Check this link for details: http://help.ea.com/en/article/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/

Also, if you're unhappy with the camera, you can toggle to Sims 3 mode.

Anyway, since these threads don't really serve a purpose here, i'll lock this one.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 9 (2,489 Views)