Re: Sims 4 deleted mods keep reappearing

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 deleted mods keep reappearing

★ Novice

Does anyone know why my deleted mods keep coming back? 

Message 1 of 9 (13,482 Views)

Accepted Solution

@imanis97_  There are a few different ways to delete the mods.  The simplest, if it works, is just to delete the files on your hard drive and then in OneDrive immediately after, so no syncing happens.  You know how to get into OneDrive's Documents folder already.  If you're having trouble finding the Mods folder on your hard drive, open a File Explorer window, click This PC, then C, then Users\[your username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.

If you get a message about a folder being in use, it's probably because OneDrive is syncing in real time.  Copy the Sims 4 folder in the local version of Documents\Electronic Arts to your desktop, then disable OneDrive's auto syncing of Documents.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98...

You should copy your Sims 4 folder to the desktop first because stopping the syncing may remove the contents of Documents from your hard drive and leave only a single copy in OneDrive.  So you'll need to put the copy you made back in Documents\Electronic Arts before using it.  If your original copy stays on your hard drive though, you can delete the copy.  Either way, delete the mods you don't want, and you should be fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (13,378 Views)

All Replies

@imanis97_  Where are you deleting them from?  It's possible, if you have your system set to sync with cloud storage (OneDrive or iCloud), you're merely deleting one copy, and the other is getting reuploaded or -downloaded afterwards.

Please list the full file path of the Mods folder where you keep deleting your mods.  In Windows, you can see it in a File Explorer window, above the list of files.  In macOS, right-click (or hold down crtl and click) on the Mods folder and select Get Info, then copy the information under Where.  Either way, please paste the file path into a reply.  You can write [username] instead of your actual username, but leave the rest of the file path intact.

Please also launch Sims 4, click Load Game, choose one of your saves, and hover over the folder icon underneath the save name and details.  You'll see the file path of the save there; the Mods folder the game is reading will also be in the same Sims 4 folder.  So if you're not deleting your mods from that folder, they won't actually be removed from the game.

Message 2 of 9 (13,456 Views)

★ Novice

I believe my mods folder is synced with Onedrive, how do I delete them from there?

Here's the location of the folder,  C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Message 3 of 9 (13,399 Views)

@imanis97_  There are a few different ways to delete the mods.  The simplest, if it works, is just to delete the files on your hard drive and then in OneDrive immediately after, so no syncing happens.  You know how to get into OneDrive's Documents folder already.  If you're having trouble finding the Mods folder on your hard drive, open a File Explorer window, click This PC, then C, then Users\[your username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.

If you get a message about a folder being in use, it's probably because OneDrive is syncing in real time.  Copy the Sims 4 folder in the local version of Documents\Electronic Arts to your desktop, then disable OneDrive's auto syncing of Documents.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98...

You should copy your Sims 4 folder to the desktop first because stopping the syncing may remove the contents of Documents from your hard drive and leave only a single copy in OneDrive.  So you'll need to put the copy you made back in Documents\Electronic Arts before using it.  If your original copy stays on your hard drive though, you can delete the copy.  Either way, delete the mods you don't want, and you should be fine.

Message 4 of 9 (13,379 Views)

★ Novice

I deleted the mods on my hard drive and I opened the mods folder on onedrive but the deleted mods were already gone. Should I delete them from onedrive first? Would that permanently delete them? 

Message 5 of 9 (13,349 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I deleted the mods from onedrive first and they were deleted from my hard drive as well, so far this was the only solution that worked. Thanks for your help
Message 6 of 9 (13,329 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm sorry but even after all the answers you've given I don't understand still? Like, idk the proper terms or anything but basically I deleted the mods but every now and then they just decide to reappear? It's rlly bad for me as well bc I don't have room left on my OneDrive

Message 7 of 9 (8,796 Views)

@hcneyboba  The problem is OneDrive: it's redownloading the mods after you delete them.  Try accessing OneDrive directly and deleting the mods you don't want to use from there, then make sure they're deleted from your computer as well.

Message 8 of 9 (8,776 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much. That last bit was exactly what I needed to do to fix my issue! I have never used one drive. so that wasn't it. But hovering over the save file path and using that to find the original mods folder worked like a charm. You see, I was using a shortcut on my desktop for opening my mods folder. but it wasn't the path that the saves files took me to. Why are they different? Either way. I've changed the shortcut on my desktop to the new folder. And was able to remove the stubborn out of date mod files. THANK YOU!!!!

Message 9 of 9 (191 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help