Re: Sims 4 crashing with low memory notification after resetting laptop?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 crashing with low memory notification after resetting laptop?

★★★ Newbie

I recently completely reset my laptop and then reinstalled origin and then the Sims 4 with a few expansion packs. I never had any problems in the past but now a few minutes into gaming the game will crash with windows stating “Close programs to prevent information loss” and that my computer is low on memory.

I have 846GB free of 915GB so I have plenty of hard drive memory. I have attempted to increase the ‘paging file size’ in my advanced settings as I read it could be an issue with RAM. I also tried uninstalling and then re installing both origin and the sims but the problem is still there. I also checked to see if it was saving to the correct file through origin settings which it is. I also have never downloaded any custom content so there should be no issues in that respect.

I've attatched a DxDiag to this post.

If anyone has any advice on how to remedy this, that would be great, thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (355 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing with low memory notification after resetting laptop?

@BethanyPB21  How much storage your hard drive has is normally not related to this error.  Your computer is definitely low on memory, but depending on which expansion packs you've installed, you should at least be able to play.  Most of the dxdiag errors are actually from MacAfee, so try disabling it and see whether it makes a difference.

If that doesn't help, please go into settings and set all the apps other than those you absolutely need not to start with Windows.  That should give your system a bit more memory to work with.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (326 Views)