Re: Sims 4 crashing my pc

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 crashing my pc

★ Novice

Can someone please help me? I've been struggling with this for nearly a year. 

I have Sims 4 with add ons Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires and Strangerville. I had some mods but got rid of them ages ago. I also got Sims legacies a few days ago. 

My Sims game is constantly making my pc crash. I'm so upset and heartbroken about this. I can basically just do CAS, no more than an hour or the game crashes, and then it crashes as soon as I buy a lot or start build mode. I've tried everything, from running the base game without additional packs, to reinstalling the game. Nothing works. 

Can someone please help me? I've spent so much money on Sims and owned all the Sims 3 games before going over to Sims 4. If I hadn't given all my Sims 3 away to my cousin I swear I would have gone back to 3. It shuts my whole pc down when this happenes. 

Please help me. I'm desperate for a solution. Frown

Message 1 of 6 (458 Views)

Hero
@LitaKnix Do you actually NEED the legacy edition ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (442 Views)

★ Novice

I apologize for the delay, here is the DxDiag details. 

Thank you kindly. 

Message 3 of 6 (373 Views)

@LitaKnix  Please look for any Reliability Monitor entries related to the crashing.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes.  You'll see a chart of errors and updates, with a column for each day.  Today is on the far right.  For the last two days, or the last two days that you played, please click "View technical details" on any error you find (updates are irrelevant), copy the information into a text Documents (Notepad is fine), and attach it to a post as you did with your dxdiag.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (326 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for helping. 

I've been putting off doing this, thinking that since I haven't played (and crashed) in a while, that I would need to do that before sending the new document. After hearing about the new big update, I braved it and logged on to my game. 

Nothing crashed. Not even a glitch. 

I was so confused and surprised and I've been playing every day for a week, for hours on end, and even got a new pack. Could it be possible that the big update saved my game? I can't find any of my game files on my pc anymore either, which is rather boggling. 

I still hold my breath an hour into the game and constantly press save - but it's been running smoother than ever before. 

Message 5 of 6 (279 Views)

@LitaKnix  Without having any idea why the game was originally crashing... maybe?  It's possible that all your game needed was a repair, and that the update took care of that.  It's also possible that some other software on your computer was causing problems but has since been updated.

I'm not sure which game files are missing, but depending on what you're looking for, you may be able to find them again.  If they're save files, it's also possible that an old save was corrupted and causing the crashes, and your new save is unaffected.

If you do get another crash, please grab the Reliability Monitor entry or entries associated with it, since a Windows 7 dxdiag doesn't list that information.  The entries might take an hour or two to show up though, so be sure to check back later if you don't see them right away.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (272 Views)