Re: Sims 4 crashing after installing City Living?

by KoolKupcakes

Original Post

Sims 4 crashing after installing City Living?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After I installed the City Living expansion pack, my game crashes about 10 minutes into the game every time I try to play. It pops up and says "The Sims 4 has stopped working/responding" or whatever. I tried removing all Mods and Custom Content to see if that was the issue, but the game still crashed. I also took out everything in the Tray folder, but it still crashed. Sometimes it only crashes when I'm trying to save the game, sometimes it crashes when I'm trying to enter Create a Sim when I click Change Appearance on the mirror, and other times it just crashes randomly. I've tried repairing via Origin and also uninstalled and reinstalled everything. My computer specs are more than enough to be able to play the game, I made sure. I've been dealing with this for about 2 weeks now, I haven't even been able to play City Living because of this. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5 (2,238 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (2,203 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here's the DxDiag

Message 3 of 5 (2,190 Views)

Hero

Your graphics drivers are 17 years old. Check if there's an update for them Also,

You're also using a 32 bit operating system which can give troubles on long played Sims.

Your graphics card is also an old model and might have issues with City Living.

I would start by updating your drivers though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (2,180 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Here is mine I know im late.

Message 5 of 5 (515 Views)