Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 crashes when trying to save a household in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except carnaval, bust the dust and decor to the max kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to save a sim or household in CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes and I lost the sim I worked on.
What do you expect to see? my sims saved to my library
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Removed mods - MCCC
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? It started I think a week ago and is now more frequently happen.

Message 1 of 3 (1,295 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 crashes when trying to save a household in CAS

@illusie  Please test in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can create a new sim and save the household in CAS.  If you can, it's fine to start moving saves and other content to the new Sims 4 folder from the old one, but do so in batches, testing each time to make sure you don't see any more issues.

If you get another crash before you've added any content to the new Sims 4 folder, please let me know what antivirus you use and whether you use OneDrive.  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,240 Views)

All Replies

@illusie  Please test in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can create a new sim and save the household in CAS.  If you can, it's fine to start moving saves and other content to the new Sims 4 folder from the old one, but do so in batches, testing each time to make sure you don't see any more issues.

If you get another crash before you've added any content to the new Sims 4 folder, please let me know what antivirus you use and whether you use OneDrive.  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,241 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So far it seemed to have worked. No crashes so far. Fingers crossed it stays that way! Thank you for the help

Message 3 of 3 (1,202 Views)