Re: Sims 4 crashes when streaming on Discord

by burin077

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 crashes when streaming on Discord

★★★ Apprentice

I tried to run Sims 4 and stream it through Discord two days ago and every time the stream starts, Sims 4 crashes out. This is very recently a problem. I can stream other games like Wow, FFXIV, Factorio, and Ark just fine, but not Sims 4. I used to be able to stream okay. I hadn't tried streaming Sims 4 on Discord for a couple of months, so I am not completely certain when it began, but it seems to only be a problem between Discord and SIms 4, because I can share Sims 4 with Twitch, OBS and Slack just fine.

Message 1 of 4 (10,466 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Hey there @Covahenasni ;

I recently did some investigation on this one on another topic; there was a Discord patch that went through on 3/29 that seemed to start this issue.

When you're in Discord, do the following:

- Open Settings (Gear Symbol on bottom left, next to your profile and Mic/Headset icons.

- Go to Voice & Audio

- Scroll down to an area that says "Use our latest technology to capture your screen." Turn this setting OFF.

See if that resolves the problem; I was noticing when the option was on, and I was having the display issue from the previous topic, if I toggled Sims 4 on/off while still using the "latest technology" option in Discord, Sims 4 would immediately crash.

I'm curious if it's related; give that step I provided a try to see if it resolves your issue for the time being. Hopefully Discord's recent adjustments with their video streaming Sims 4 will have a resolution soon.

Here's a link to the previous topic I helped troubleshoot, by the way: Sims 4 Won't Stream on Discord

- B

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (10,137 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
same here and i also don't know the fix
such an obscure problem imo
Message 2 of 4 (10,153 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Hey there @Covahenasni ;

I recently did some investigation on this one on another topic; there was a Discord patch that went through on 3/29 that seemed to start this issue.

When you're in Discord, do the following:

- Open Settings (Gear Symbol on bottom left, next to your profile and Mic/Headset icons.

- Go to Voice & Audio

- Scroll down to an area that says "Use our latest technology to capture your screen." Turn this setting OFF.

See if that resolves the problem; I was noticing when the option was on, and I was having the display issue from the previous topic, if I toggled Sims 4 on/off while still using the "latest technology" option in Discord, Sims 4 would immediately crash.

I'm curious if it's related; give that step I provided a try to see if it resolves your issue for the time being. Hopefully Discord's recent adjustments with their video streaming Sims 4 will have a resolution soon.

Here's a link to the previous topic I helped troubleshoot, by the way: Sims 4 Won't Stream on Discord

- B

Message 3 of 4 (10,138 Views)

★ Apprentice

This issue has been happening to me as well, and I tried the accepted solution but it didn't work . 

Message 4 of 4 (7,226 Views)