Re: Sims 4 crashes when offline

by RickxAbsinthe43

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 crashes when offline

★★★ Newbie
After playing the Sims 4 for few years off and on, lately I've been having a problem with it crashing. The crashes happen when the computer is offline, as I have unreliable internet where I live. Game lasts about 5-20 minutes before crashes happen. It only happens when there is no internet access available for the computer. Most of the time I run sims and origin in offline mode, with the laptop connected to wifi. There aren't any crashes when the laptop itself is connected, even though sims/origin isn't. But when I disconnect from the wifi or there isn't any available its impossible to play. I'm not sure if this is a computer problem or program problem. The game starts and runs fine for a few minutes but inevitably crashes. This is getting very frustrating as I used to never have internet and it was fine. I repaired the program when I had internet a few days ago, and of course ran fine because the internet. But now its started again and I'm getting fed up because of the money I've put into this game and packs.
Message 1 of 4 (1,545 Views)

Accepted Solution

It could be the problem is that there is so much happening when you go offline that the game crashes because of it.

I suggest trying Origin in offline mode, you can do that through Origin, then in the menu choose 'Origin' then 'Go Offline'.

You also have options to turn The Sims in game offline, but it might be worth trying just Origin and see how the game runs then.

Of course this would mean you can't access the gallery, so if you would want to do that you need to go online again.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,710 Views)

All Replies

It could be the problem is that there is so much happening when you go offline that the game crashes because of it.

I suggest trying Origin in offline mode, you can do that through Origin, then in the menu choose 'Origin' then 'Go Offline'.

You also have options to turn The Sims in game offline, but it might be worth trying just Origin and see how the game runs then.

Of course this would mean you can't access the gallery, so if you would want to do that you need to go online again.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (1,711 Views)

★ Guide
I have unreliable internet AND power where I live and Sims 4 has started freezing when I’m offline.
Message 3 of 4 (726 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This post has gotten a bit old now, so I've locked it to prevent any necro-posting.

If you need further help on this issue, please create a new post and we'll take a look with you! 

solaire.png

Message 4 of 4 (697 Views)