Re: Sims 4 crashes on startup - White screen

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 crashes on startup - White screen

★★★ Novice

Ok so , i download sum cc and mods into my sims 4 game , and all of the sudden i go into my sims 4 games and it loads and crashes and show a blank white screen while the music is playing in the background .. its just plain white .. and ive tried reinstalling , i delete cache , i did everything to try to get it working .. and nothing seem to work .. can i get help ?

Message 1 of 2 (267 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes on startup - White screen

@ItxChrissy  There are a number of issues in your dxdiag that need to be addressed.  First of all, you only have 4 GB free on your hard drive.  That's not enough for Windows to maneuver properly even when you aren't running a game.  Having 20 GB free is a good goal, although you can sometimes get away with less.

The low amount of storage could explain the white screen, but if it doesn't, try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

Given some of the errors in your dxdiag, it's also a good idea to run a couple of checks on your Windows system files.  (Please free up more storage first though.)  Here's how:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Finally, the driver for your graphics chip is crashing.  The problem is, neither Dell nor Intel offers a Windows 10 driver for the chip.  So it might be difficult to troubleshoot this particular issue, if the other steps don't fix the problem.  Let me know how it goes though.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (210 Views)