Sims 4 crashes on loading screen

by Bdubx19

Original Post

Sims 4 crashes on loading screen

★★★ Novice

The game worked fine yesterday, went to play today and it kept crashing. I tried a clean boot but it still didn't work. 

pastebin.com/pLGJiTvU

Message 1 of 12 (8,456 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes on loading screen

★★★ Newbie

same **bleep** happens to me, yesterday i could play for hours, then when i tried starting it a second time, it just crashes at loading

Message 2 of 12 (7,484 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Go to documents\electronic arts\ and make a back up of the Sims 4 folder and delete dont worry the game will recreate the folders and files once its launched
Message 3 of 12 (7,423 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have a similar problem to that, but the game freezes when I start the game and remains that way until I use task manager to close it. Hours later I decided to play it offline since it connects to the Maxis servers, I started the game offline and worked like a charm, haven't gotten any freezes yet.

Start origin first, then select go offline, and play the game it may help.

Message 4 of 12 (6,650 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

CAN SOMEONE FROM EA ACTUALLY RESPOND TO THESE PROBLEMS?????

Many people are posting about the same damn problem and we are left to try figure this out by ourselves!!

Could someone from EA at least comment that they are working on the problem?

Lots of people are experienceing crashing at the 'loading' section of the game.. I can't even get into the game to change any settings. This is A LOT of good money i paid down the drain. PLEASE someone sort this problem out, or at least tell us you are aware and trying to fix it!!

I have done everything mentioned on the so called 'help' sites and nothing works!

Worked perfectly the day i bought it (6th sept).. second day i played it and it froze mid save then crashed.

Now i cant even get past the loading screen, it just crashes.

Ive changed/deleted folders, my comp is completely up to date on all aspects. My specs match up and then some. Ive run as administrator, ive disabled origin in gameplay and gone offline..

I'm getting seriously annoyed at this point. Paid A LOT of good money for this game and cant play the damn thing.

PLEASE EA/Sims geniuses fix this so we can all get on with our simming!!

Message 5 of 12 (5,902 Views)

Hero

Hi,

AnswerHQ is a user help user plattform.

If you want someone from EA to look into your problem, you need to contact a game advisor through live chat.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (5,893 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

did you ever find a solution for this problem? I bought the game yesterday and it worked fine, but this morning the game started to get a bit laggy and so I closed it. Now when I try to open the game, it just freezes to the loading screen or to the main page. I've pretty much tried everything from updating and unninstalling/reinstalling, trying to play offline ect. nothing works.

Message 7 of 12 (5,878 Views)

Hero

Did you try this: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (5,871 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, did try that aswell. Sadly, It's not working, but thank you for the idea. I did manage to play again yesterday for a few hours by turning Origin offline and running the game as an administrator, but today it freezes when trying to load a saved game. I'm done. Going to wait for a patch and hope for a good fix.

Message 9 of 12 (5,853 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (5,839 Views)