Re: Sims 4 crashes on loading screen

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 crashes on loading screen

★ Apprentice

I have removed all my mods, so it's not that - my game crashes on the Plumbob loading screen without them. I've tried repairing the game, resetting the Sims 4 folder, updating my graphics drivers, turning off Origin In Game, running in windowed mode, and even uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I've attached my DxDiag. Please help, I really want my Sims back. Devil

Message 1 of 6 (331 Views)

Accepted Solution

@TasGreenwood  Sometimes the process of transferring cc files can corrupt them, and it can corrupt other folders too.  Did you start with a clean Sims 4 user folder?  If not, please try that now, then download a(nother) fresh copy of one file and try adding it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (265 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

@TasGreenwood  Please try playing in a new Windows admin user account.  Make it a local account, as in, don't login to your Microsoft account, and don't sync with OneDrive or any other services.  You'll still be able to sign into your current Origin account, and you shouldn't need to redownload Sims 4, but your saves and other user data won't be available.

Message 2 of 6 (304 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Okay, that worked, thanks. But now I'm getting the "game cannot start due to missing or damaged game data" error. I took out all my mods and it worked, but now when I try to reinstall my CC, it comes back up. The thing is it does this for EVERY SINGLE ONE. I get a few mods/CC being broken, but there is absolutely no way all of mine can be broken. It's logically impossible. How do I fix this?
Message 3 of 6 (286 Views)

@TasGreenwood  Please try downloading a fresh copy of a mod or cc item, one confirmed to be compatible with the current patch level, and see whether it works.  (Where to go from here is dependent on the answer.)  Please also let me know how you transferred the mods and cc from your old account to the new one.

Message 4 of 6 (276 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict It gives me the error for every single mod/cc item even on fresh copies. I backed up my Documents folder to an external drive and copied the files over.
Message 5 of 6 (273 Views)

@TasGreenwood  Sometimes the process of transferring cc files can corrupt them, and it can corrupt other folders too.  Did you start with a clean Sims 4 user folder?  If not, please try that now, then download a(nother) fresh copy of one file and try adding it.

Message 6 of 6 (266 Views)