Re: Sims 4 crashes my computer and nothing helps

by Ydoumakemesuffer

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Well it's not very consistent... sometimes it's just the game, sometimes the computer also restarts, sometimes the computer just shuts down without restarting.
In any case, I can't play more than a few minutes

Message 11 of 26 (586 Views)

Hero
@Ydoumakemesuffer Could you check on the temperature of your computer and do a hardware check then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 26 (578 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The temperature seems normal (around 34 Celsius degrees). I wasn't sure what you meant by hardware check so I went to system information (that's what google told me to do lol) and I found this in windows error reporting, I guess it's related to my problem 
hardwarecheck.png

Message 13 of 26 (566 Views)

Hero
@Ydoumakemesuffer Hm, so the helperservice makes game crash now ?

Could you test what happens when you try this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Can-t-download-games-from-origin/m-p/8650760#M330834

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 26 (564 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just froze again Frown

Message 15 of 26 (547 Views)

Hero

@Ydoumakemesuffer Still thinking it's a hardware issue then.

When you checked your temperature, was that while the game was running ? That sounds like idle temperature and not when something demanding is running.

Which program did you use ?

Could you check if there's any Crash logs. Do the following

• Press Windows-Key + R
  • Copy paste the following into the appearing window: %SystemRoot%\Minidump and hit Enter
  • If the folder that appears contains a file called: Minidump.dmp, rename that to Minidump.dmp.txt and upload

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 26 (503 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It was't while the game was running, but now I checked again while the game is running and last time I checked before my computer froze again it was about 45 degrees, I used Core Temp to check.

I did what you wrote me to do and the folder that appeared didn't contain this file.

Message 17 of 26 (492 Views)

@Ydoumakemesuffer  Given everything you've tried already, the next step is some hardware monitoring.  Please download hwinfo (free) from here:

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

You don't even need to install it: just choose the portable version, unzip it, and launch it directly from Downloads or wherever you choose.  (If you do want to install it, be sure to click the green button, not the orange one.)  Restart your computer, ppen hwinfo, choose "sensors only," then click the icon that's a sheet of paper with a + sign to start logging.  Save the log file to your desktop so you can easily find it later.

Wait five minutes, then launch Origin and Sims 4.  Play for 20 minutes or until the game crashes.  Stop the logging by clicking the same button.  Please upload the log file to a third-party filehosting site and link it here.  Be sure to leave the file in .csv format, or the log reader won't be able to open it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 26 (482 Views)

@Ydoumakemesuffer 

Additional to @puzzlezaddict, does the Minidump folder contain any files at all?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 19 of 26 (471 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@holger1405 The folder contained one file, but it was something else.
Message 20 of 26 (446 Views)