Sims 4 crashes after installing Cats and Dogs expansion

by r23ocx

Original Post

Sims 4 crashes after installing Cats and Dogs expansion

★★ Novice

Today I purchased and installed the cats and dogs expansion pack as well as the my first pet stuff pack. I was really excited, pressed play on Origin, it loads for about a second before coming up with an error that says "The Sims 4 has stopped working, waiting for the program to respond..." then turns to "The Sims 4 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." with a close program button. It then runs for a second longer before closing.

The game was working fine before and I've deleted all my CC but it still doesn't work. I've attached my DxDiag file - can someone please help me get back to happily playing the game?

Message 1 of 2 (217 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes after installing Cats and Dogs expansion

Hero (Retired)

@r23ocx   First thing I notice is Windows 7 support ends January 14, 2020. Next I notice your computer is using integrated graphics with 64Mb of dedicated graphics memory. Minimum requirement dedicated video memory for this game is 128Mb. This is designed into the manufacture of the computer. This does not mean the game will not run. What it does mean it may stop running correctly at any time. I also see you have only 20Gb of storage space left on the system drive. The Windows operating system requires free space on the system drive. The amount required changes as you use the system but 20Gb is not enough IMO.

Message 2 of 2 (178 Views)