Sims 4 crashes after a few minutes of gameplay

by Liz10101

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims 4 crashes after a few minutes of gameplay

★★ Novice

I have been having a problem for a while, its a constant issue that has made me unable to play the game. When I load up my Sims 4 game, it does just fine until I load into a household. Now, after about five minutes and my attempts to interact with another sim (and now even when I don't interact with other sims), my game will freeze up and then give me this error:

'The instruction at 0x0000000140146D12 referenced memory at 0x00007FF420999088. The memory could not be read.'

Then it would ask me to terminate the program and close out the game. I have tried so many things already to fix this issue. A lot of things people in the forums have suggested already.

I have tried:

• updating my drivers and all to make sure they're working properly and are up to date
  • Clearing the cache and repairing the game
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling the game
  • Removing mods
  • Memory scans
  • Increasing virtual memory
  • Windows updates
  • Making sure background programs are shut down
  • Cleaning my PC to make it run better (Doubtful that it would help much but it was worth a shot)
  • And I have talked to EA support twice and they didn't seem to help much either unfortunately

I tried my game as recently as Tuesday the 8th of September and i'm still having this problem. Whether it has to do with the update or just something I am not comprehending, I do not know, but i'd sure appreciate some help because I do miss playing my Sims 4 game, I can no longer play it anymore because of this issue.

Ive attached my DxDiag, most recent Last Crash info from my sims 4 folder, and my config.log in hopes it might get me some answered questions from someone either in the community or someone whos a sort of expert at this stuff who is helping others as well. 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 2 (1,144 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes after a few minutes of gameplay

Hero
@Liz10101 The crash log suggests a certain adult mod is still active in your game.

Other than that your computer is a bit above minimum specs so depending on what you have added with packs and mods/cc, it could also be an out of memory crash.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (1,128 Views)