Sims 4 crashes after 5 min on my external SSD

by skullgirl111

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 crashes after 5 min on my external SSD

@skullgirl111  I see the same errors in your dxdiag.  Please try doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin:

• Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Clear Origin's cache.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • When it finishes uninstalling, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders."  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 24 (412 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Hey.. I tried it and my game still crashes... here is another dxdiag if you want to know why but I'm giving up trying because nothing seems to work..

Message 22 of 24 (394 Views)

@skullgirl111  I'm not sure why Origin is trying to update: the full installer should have provided the most up-to-date version of Origin.  Did you install Origin itself on the internal drive or the external one?  It may help to put it on the internal, and it doesn't take much space.

If that doesn't help, or you've already installed it there, try disabling the Origin Client Service and Origin Web Helper Service.  Hit Windows key-R, enter "msconfig" without quotes, click the Startup tab, and uncheck the box next to each one.  If you see an EABackgroundService, uncheck the box next to it as well.  (The list is in alphabetical order.)  Then restart your computer and run Origin as an admin again.

Finally, try playing while your computer is offline.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi before launching Sims 4.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 23 of 24 (380 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict It seems to work for now! Thank you so much!!
Message 24 of 24 (350 Views)