Re: Sims 4 crashes about 10 minuets in!!

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 crashes about 10 minuets in!!

★ Novice

It keeps crashing! =( I've tried reinstalling and repairing. My dxdiag is attached. Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 7 (353 Views)

@Shadyhitman37  Your dxdiag lists a couple of recent BlueScreens.  Are those happening while you play?  Please also let me know whether your whole computer shuts down during the crash, or only the game.

If you haven't already, please also try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you get another crash.

Your dxdiag lists a number of failed Windows updates as well, so it's a good idea to clean those up.  First, run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the box to check for updates.  If any install, restart again afterwards.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (337 Views)

★ Novice

I did the above and there were no errors. I'll try to play the game again hopefully it runs smoothly.

Message 3 of 7 (325 Views)

★ Novice

So it crashed again and it now says something about fault bucket in the dxdiag. I hope this can be fixed.

Message 4 of 7 (310 Views)

@Shadyhitman37  Again, is your whole computer crashing when you play, or only the game?  You're getting a lot of BlueScreens, and I need to know whether they're related to Sims 4.

Message 5 of 7 (286 Views)

★ Novice

The whole computer restarts.

Message 6 of 7 (279 Views)

@Shadyhitman37  Please provide a couple of recent minidump files, which contain data from the BlueScreens.  Open a File Explorer window and enter this in the address bar:

C:\Windows\Minidump

For the most recent two or three files (you can sort by date), right-click and select Copy, then right-click on your desktop and select Paste.  Zip the files together, upload the .zip to a free filesharing site (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), and link it here.

Message 7 of 7 (269 Views)