Re: Sims 4 crash after Realm of Magic after Create a Sim

by kreatora

Original Post

Sims 4 crash after Realm of Magic after Create a Sim

★★★★ Novice

Hello!

Since the Realm of Magic Pack my game always crashes when I press the accept button in Create a Sim. 

Yes, I use CC and Mods. But I already took them all out and tried it without mods. It worked but the problem is that it only crashes sometimes and not all the time. 
I updated all mods, tried it without certain Mods but still it happens. It even happens without my mods so I don't think it is a Mod-problem. 
I also deletet the localthumbcache and after every crash a "LastCrash" Dokument appears in my Sims 4 Folder. 

I tried to solve this problem now for several hours and I don't know what to do anymore. 

Can someone help me? 

Message 1 of 9 (1,422 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Lenaxdo

Rename your game folder to The Sims4 old and start the game.
The new game folder will be created and you will have two games folders. One old, one virgin new.
Start the new game with the random sim and check if you still have this problem in the new, virgin folder
Your old saves and library will stay safe.
The next steps depend on the results of this test.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 9 (1,410 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@kreatora 

I tried that and it seems to work. But as I said it is random. I tried to edit the Sim a few times now and it didn't crash. 

Message 3 of 9 (1,400 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Lenaxdo

You can add new CC, you only have to look at the date of their creation. "New" does not mean that what you download is really new. It may already be broken after some patch. You must remember that after each patch part CC and most scripts mods will no longer be compatible with the game. Checking what has broken this time after the patch, throwing it away or replacing it with a new, current version is the price you pay for using CC and mods in TS4.

Now copy and paste your old save folder, Tray and TrayDelete items file into the new folder and check if it will work. But earlier delete the same folders from the new game folder so that you don't have the same duplicates there.

Message 4 of 9 (1,338 Views)

★★★ Novice

FOLLOWING - I am having the same problem, did what @Lenaxdo work?

Message 5 of 9 (1,261 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Lenaxdo 

@klsjersey 

I forgot to add this info. 
If you are creating a magician never click "accept" button when this your new sim is doing magicians animations. This will result that the game will crash.

Have a look here

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ROM-Game-crashes-while-exiting-CAS/m-p/8188317/highlight/...

Message 6 of 9 (1,236 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@kreatora 

I just tried it. That's the problem. It always crashs when my Sim does this magician animation. 
Guess hours of figuring out which CC is broken where totally for nothing.. 
@klsjersey   So I guess it's the same problem for you?

Thank you a lot for sending me this!

Message 7 of 9 (1,218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes, exactly the same, Crashes primarily when clicking the check mark in cas after creating or editing a Sim's looks or clothing, ect. Deleting the cache only worked for a little while as well as removing mods. SO frustrating! The crashing problem seems to be all over the internet. Hoping EA releases an update fixing the problem soon.

Message 8 of 9 (1,200 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@klsjersey 

@Lenaxdo 

Go to this topic and click ME TOO on the first post. The more players will click it, the sooner EA will fix it

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ROM-Game-crashes-while-exiting-CAS/m-p/8188317/highlight/...

Message 9 of 9 (1,188 Views)