Re: Sims 4 code error 111

by DMDragonCT

Original Post

Sims 4 code error 111

★★ Novice

I downloaded a park from the galery and put it on the biggest lot in Bridleton. I added a lot of things on the lot, as well as some CC (I won’t remove it or play the game without because I know it’s not the problem my game work fine despite this problem). And when I try to load into the park I have « error 111 » reload the game...

I put a lot of grass and trees and flowers on this lots and used alt+^ to make the grass bigger multiple times... could this be the problem ? Like my game can’t influe all the modified grass and flowers ?

Message 1 of 6 (14,258 Views)

★★ Pro

@britazia

It appears this is a common error due to outdated mods and custom content.

If playing with mods and custom content, move your mods folder to the desktop, delete the game cache and the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help with troubleshooting.

How to Delete Cache Files - https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Deleting the cache files will remove all traces of mods and custom content that were tied to your game.

Launch the game again and try a new save to test - without the mods folder. If it loads and plays okay, it may be that some of the mods/cc have become outdated.

Testing like this will help determine if it's a mod issue, cc issue or a vanilla game issue. - Disabling or turning off both mod/cc options isn't enough of a test.

To fix mods and custom content try the 50/50 method:

1. Move all the mods and cc out into a temporary folder on the desktop.
2. Move a few files back at a time. Load the game to make sure it loads and everything is good.
3. Delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder.
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 till there is no more files to check.

** While your testing, don't save the game. If you find any problems, delete the mod or custom content file.

How To Find Problem Mods and CC - http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Broken/Updated Mods: Python/Terrain Update + Get Famous, Nov. ’18 - https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-fam...

Custom content can become outdated with most new game patches. If the game works when the Mods folder is removed, then one or more of the mods and/or custom content has become outdated and will need to be removed or replaced. EA/Maxis aren't responsible for broken mods/cc. It's up to the creators to fix.

Message 2 of 6 (14,243 Views)

★★ Novice

It might be... what if I delete le CC on this lot particularly ? Cause I have lots with tons of CC that works really well ... 

Message 3 of 6 (14,241 Views)

★★ Pro

@britazia

You could try that, but can't promise that will work. If you've got custom content from before December's patch that worked. Then go though the stuff you've downloaded since then to start as a test to see if it's any new custom content that is giving the error.

Message 4 of 6 (14,231 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

To Whom it May Concern,

I recently encountered load error 111 in my game and have since, after many long hours of testing, discovered some insights which may serve any who find themselves in a similar situation. Please be aware that there may be other "mod-related" reasons for error 111, but in my case it was the removal of a custom food mod that triggered it.

Now, the general procedure in how to deal with this error is to remove all mods, BUT this is precisely what causes the issue in the first place and prevents it from ever being solved! This is why players often see it after a major game update, as mods are disabled by default. Removing mods will now make the save file appear as if permanently broken. Which may in fact not be the case.

It seems that any lot which contains a half-eaten or empty plate of food which was prepared using a custom food mod becomes unable to be loaded in live mode. (This may even be true for a plate of base game food, such as a grilled cheese sandwich!) While it is possible to enter build mode via Manage Worlds, it is not possible to delete those corrupted plates without the mod that initially created them.

Thus, it is necessary to add the food mod back into the mods folder, enter the lot in question and dispose of EVERY plate of food that was created while using that mod before saving and exiting. Only after making sure that there are no other remaining plates found anywhere can the mod then safely be removed. (As a rotational player I have found it handy to keep the mod somewhere as backup, just in case I run into an unloadable lot again.)

This has fixed the issue for me in every instance.

I hope this helps and Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 6 (13,423 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@DMDragonCT   Thanks for sharing this tip!

Message 6 of 6 (13,408 Views)