Re: Sims 4 closes

by roberta591

Original Post

Hero
Did you also get a chance to try a clean boot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 21 (598 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@NYFranks   Do you have any cc or mods installed in the game? Did you try the game with a new world? Did you try the factory reset to see if the game will run with all new user data?

Message 12 of 21 (582 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did try a clean boot. That didn't help . No mods. I tried a new world. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Nothing. This is for my wife and all she wants to do is play again lol. Do you think if I buy the disc version of the game will I face the same issue? I don't think it's related to PC but I don't know. I just played Dragon Age:Inquisition for an hour and no shtutting down. I think that game is harder on my computer than the Sims is. 

Message 13 of 21 (573 Views)

Hero

HI @NYFranks 

could you try setting your DPI to standard value to see if that makes a difference.

If not, try a clean reinstall of the game. Best to use revo uninstaller for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 21 (562 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict I tried lowest DPI and it will still close.  I used Revo and reinstalled and same thing.  New drivers came out today so will update those now and fingers crossed maybe that will help.  

Message 15 of 21 (542 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@NYFranks   What is the make and model of the motherboard?  Did the game ever run good in it's present configuration? The dxdiag looks good. It looks like the game crashed at the same location several times. The disc version and the digital download version are the same. The disc version will install and then update via Origin to the latest version. This game does some post video and audio processing based on data supplied by the computer. The audio driver is not WHQL and I think the video driver is not WHQL. Your Windows 10 seems to have the latest update (fall 2018). This is the update that had problems and this may (possible) have something to do with it. My gaming rig is on the 180410 version (which should be the latest and greatest). One thing you might try is swapping the memory modules and see if that changes anything. Also post the make and model of the power supply (just for kicks). If the game ran at one time is there anything have you changed since then?

Message 16 of 21 (532 Views)

★★★ Novice

@roberta591 Motherboard is Asus P8Z77-V. PSU is RAIDMAX Blackstone series RX-700AC 700W Continuous Power.  Memory is 16 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series.  Timings are correct.  Game did run good at one time.  She just stopped playing and had the urge to play again.  Only thing new is SSHD, so everything was fresh install.  I know this is not a gaming rig but should still be able to run the Sims I believe.  

Message 17 of 21 (498 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@NYFranks   Right now I have an AsusTek motherboard (A8N-SLI SE) on my workbench that has capacitors that are starting to fail (bulging tops). This motherboard has been in service for many years. I have been buying Gigabyte motherboards for some years now. All power supplies are not created equal. Raidmax psus are manufactured by Andyson. Many people don't research power supplies like they should. I have noticed some brands tend to fail after some years - usually shortly after the warranty expires. Raidmax does not have a good reputation. I have to add that most out live their life expectancy. Gaming rigs (or computers that are used for graphical gaming) usually get used hard especially with the games like the sims. The bios first date is 2012 and the last is dated 2013. You would have to download the list of supported memory from Asus support and see if yours is on the list. It shouldn't matter but one more thing to check. First remove any hardware that isn't needed to run the game including memory (8Gb should be more then enough). Your power supply should have 2 connectors for dual video cards - swap them as they are probably on different rails. Check the firmware in the ssd. The sims games tend to use large files and transfer rates may be an issue with the ssd (bios issue?). Probably the first thing I would do is replace the ssd with a hard drive and see if the problem goes away and you say that's the only thing that has changed. The motherboard may not like the speed of the ssd. Now that the new AMD processors support DDR4 memory, DDR3 motherboards are going to fade. I have a couple of DDR2 machines but their time is limited. My gaming rig (AMD FX6100 processor) with a Nvidia GTX 960 video card is really over due for replacement. As the game runs and your computer should run the game the components are suspect due to the age of the computer. It could be the ssd transfer rate is not being handled by the motherboard properly.

Message 18 of 21 (489 Views)

@NYFranks 

While I agree with @roberta591, this could very well be a hardware problem, I would like to do some things before we go down that road entirely, to make sure we did anything possible on the software side.

• Press the Windows key and "X" at the same time.
  • Choose "PowerShell" (Adminisrator)" or "Command prompt (Administrator)" (Depends on the OS)
  • Inside the "PowerShell" or "CMD" window, at the prompt, type or copy and paste "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" (Without the quotes) > ENTER
  • The validation process should start after a short while:

After it reached 100%: (If you get a error message, please inform us)
  • Press the Windows key and "X" at the same time.
  • Choose "PowerShell" (Adminisrator)" or "Command prompt (Administrator)"
  • Inside the "PowerShell" or "CMD" window, at the prompt, type or copy and paste "sfc /scannow" (Without the quotes) > ENTER
  • Post the concluding message.

Also go to your ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\__Installer\vc\vc2010sp1\redist\" folder.

Run the "vcredist_x64.exe" and the "vcredist_x86.exe" as administrator (Right click the exe > Run as an Administrator.) > take the option to reset the installation > Reboot.

Do the same with the executables under ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\_Installer\vc\vc2013\redist\".

Reboot > Test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 19 of 21 (467 Views)

★★★ Novice

@roberta591 @roberta591 @crinrict I think I got it. I had dust on CPU and GPU in-between the fans and cooling fins and pipes that I missed. Took fans off, blew out everything and vacuumed it all again and so far so good. I am sorry for wasting everyone's time. I appreciate everyone's help.

Message 20 of 21 (1,295 Views)