Re: Sims 4 child won’t go to school on home lot

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 child won’t go to school on home lot

★★★ Newbie

My children in the sims 4 will not go to school at our home lot. I brought us to the park and the kids went to school, but as a soon as I brought them back to the home lot, the “Go to School” button does not work. 

I have tried repairing my game via origin and deleting my mods. Nothing is working. Please help. 

Message 1 of 10 (22,714 Views)

★ Guide
@babestfriends Have you cleared your cache?
Message 2 of 10 (22,670 Views)

@babestfriends

Do you think this is your issue? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-child-not-going-to-school/td-p/7318219

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 10 (22,641 Views)

★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I just had the same thing happen to me. When I went to public lot with the child, she then decided to go to school! Not sure how it happened, but seems to be fixed now.
Message 4 of 10 (20,861 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@AriaMad2 how do i do that ?
Message 5 of 10 (20,659 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kayleigh101 mine is not do you know any way i can fix mines ?
Message 6 of 10 (20,658 Views)

@niyahh147  Is this your issue?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Unable-to-go-to-work-school-class/td-p/9176999

If so, please click Me Too and post in that thread.  If you have a different issue, please describe it in more detail.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 10 (20,610 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I too have this problem.

It started after I updated a few days ago and my child sim won't go to school. Neither will my child in another household (in the same save). But, the adults will go to work. My sim with the politician career just left but the kid won't go to school. The only time I left the home lot recently was for a cc event so that could be it. 

I took out my whole mods folder completely, to the point where when I loaded up the game it had to generate a new one and the problem continued to arise so it isn't a piece of cc or a mod.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Message 8 of 10 (18,331 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I also looked at another thread with this issue and tried their solution. It wasn't anything in my screenshot folders (I have one for regular screenshots and one for reshade screenshots- I took out the reshade one and that didn't solve it) and the only saves I have are ones I really like so I don't want to remove it in case it's the problem, but I could try if that solves it.

Message 9 of 10 (18,328 Views)

@serendiqiity  The bug thread is the best place to post about this issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Unable-to-go-to-work-school-class-audition/td-p/...

Since removing your custom content doesn't fix it, I'm not sure there's a good solution.  But if there's a workaround you can try, it'll be there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 10 (18,283 Views)