Sims 4 cc- only old cc showing up

by iiFreshDespair

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 cc- only old cc showing up

★★ Novice

So, ages ago, I installed some cc and it works perfectly fine. Some didn't have required meshes and some I just don't like now so I deleted them, but I also went on a cc shopping spree. However, whenever I load the game up, it ONLY displays the old cc. Even the stuff I deleted was still there.

Now I did move my origin and EA files from my C drive to my D drive, and while most of it works fine, I have a suspicion that this plays a big part in this since I had this cc before I moved it. However, I did delete all my old sims files if I copied them, and I did do a direct move of the files, so I'm not really sure.

I've tried everything I could, like repair and update the game, look for other files, look for corrupted cc using a program- I've even looked at many forums and asked friends for help. I'm stumped on this.

If anyone could suggest a potential answer that would be fantastic- or if there's any way to link a specific cc folder to my current game? Maybe that would sort the issue.

Message 1 of 5 (619 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 cc- only old cc showing up

@iiFreshDespair  I'm not understanding what you did to link the folders.  Did you specifically create a symbolic link on C, and if so, does opening the symlink from C take you to the appropriate folder(s) on D, with the expected files inside?  Did you create a symlink for the Sims 4 folder, or for folders inside it?  This is what I'm talking about:

https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/02/moving-windows-documents-folder-to-external-drive-via-symbolic-lin...

To be clear, this only needs to happen for the Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  The game data itself (the files Origin installs, which by default would land in program files) can be placed wherever you want, provided you either initially install it there or take steps to move it properly.  But if you're able to play the game, you don't need to worry about these files.

If you've created a symlink and confirmed that it works, please try putting a new custom content item just within the first Mods folder, no subfolders at all, and see whether it works.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (579 Views)

All Replies

@iiFreshDespair  What content did you move from C to D, and how?  For a new custom content item that's not showing up, please right-click on it, select Properties, and copy and paste the file path into a reply here.  You can write [username] instead of your actual username if you want, but please leave the rest of the file path intact.

Message 2 of 5 (601 Views)

★★ Novice

For moving- I followed a tutorial and basically made a general folder for game files (e.g. Origin, Minecraft, Steam etc.) and literally selected the folders I wanted to move and moved them into that general folder (the move to... option). I deleted any duplicate folders that I was certain I didn't need. Then if it wanted me to link any folders (like cache) I'd link it to the appropriate folder in my D drive.

For a new piece of cc that won't show up- 

D:\useless * gaming folders\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Mods

(I have two folders named "Mods" because when I first added cc it was imported from a storage device)

(Also please ignore the name lol- they're not useless I just like having fun naming folders and such)

Message 3 of 5 (591 Views)

@iiFreshDespair  I'm not understanding what you did to link the folders.  Did you specifically create a symbolic link on C, and if so, does opening the symlink from C take you to the appropriate folder(s) on D, with the expected files inside?  Did you create a symlink for the Sims 4 folder, or for folders inside it?  This is what I'm talking about:

https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/02/moving-windows-documents-folder-to-external-drive-via-symbolic-lin...

To be clear, this only needs to happen for the Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  The game data itself (the files Origin installs, which by default would land in program files) can be placed wherever you want, provided you either initially install it there or take steps to move it properly.  But if you're able to play the game, you don't need to worry about these files.

If you've created a symlink and confirmed that it works, please try putting a new custom content item just within the first Mods folder, no subfolders at all, and see whether it works.

Message 4 of 5 (580 Views)

★★ Novice

Aha, the tutorial I used didn't tell me to do that. I see.

But I think I've managed to fix it? at one point in time OneDrive decided to turn itself on and backup my files, and it wouldn't let me delete them. I'm currently trying to see if I can deactivate it, and I've found the files that are causing the problem. I'm deleting them and redownloading the Sims into the correct folder now.

However thank you so much for the help Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (571 Views)