Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sims 4 causing my keyboard to disconnect

by Raevyness

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims 4 causing my keyboard to disconnect

★★★★ Novice

I have a Steelseries Apex Illuminated gaming keyboard (because I play a lot of games), and this NEVER happens with any other game I've played, but when I load up the Sims 4, after about 5-10 minutes of game play, the keyboard will temporarily stop, the lights will flash on and off, then it will (in most cases) reconnect and continue working (after about 3-4 times of this happening, the keyboard disconnects but the lights stay on, but the keyboard is unresponsive and THEN I have to manually disconnect the keyboard from the two USB slots and reconnect it). Yes I use the keyboard (1,2,3 etc) during game play, but even if I dont use the keyboard (only use the mouse), the same thing still occurs, but ONLY with the Sims 4.

Is there anything I can do about it?? I mean I've tried uninstalling the driver for the keyboard and re installing, also tried moving the USB plug to another slot, it makes no difference. My keyboard HAS the most recent driver updates, although it is a 'plug and play' keyboard.

Is there anything I can try on the Sims 4's behalf to make sure the keyboard works while playing??

P.S The keyboard worked FINE BEFORE the most RECENT update of the Sims 4, the most recent update, for some reason, is causing this.

Message 1 of 3 (118 Views)

Re: Sims 4 causing my keyboard to disconnect

Hero

@Rozelliee I moved your thread to the general forum since this is not a game bug. I don't know of any fix however or what could be causing this.

You can try to reinstall your keyboard drivers but I don't know if that makes a difference.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (115 Views)

Re: Sims 4 causing my keyboard to disconnect

★★★★ Novice

I already tried reinstalling my drivers for the keyboard, didn't change anything.  The game is pretty much unplayable if i cant control it.  I'd like to play but sadly I'm back to Sims 3, until this is fixed.  The newest update on origin, like i said, is what caused it.  Before then it worked 100% fine with no issues.

STILL need HELP!!

Message 3 of 3 (107 Views)
sims-all-characters

The Sims 4 Patch Notes

Check out the latest updates and bug fixes

View more on EA Help
white-sims-bg

Restore a previous saved game

Choose from an automatically stored save point in The Sims 4 if your data's corrupted or you want to revert anyway.

View more on EA Help

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help