Re: Sims 4 causes blue screen error and restarts

by meggyboo9977

Original Post

Sims 4 causes blue screen error and restarts

★★★ Newbie
I downloaded the sims 4 from origin two nights ago. It worked for hours the night I downloaded. (This is on an HP Envyx360). I skipped a day playing and tried to start up today. EVERY time I get to the choose game page, I get a blue screen error, and my computer automatically restarts. I’ve updated my computer, changed settings on the game, researched and researched and nothing changes. Everything on my computer works just fine, except for the game all of the sudden. I really hope I didn’t pay $50 for nothing. Frown

Let me know what information is needed.
Message 1 of 5 (6,007 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (5,971 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Pretty sure it attached here. 

Message 3 of 5 (5,959 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Your Graphic driver is a bit old. You should update it.

By "the choose game page" do you then mean Origin Access? Or what?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (5,953 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@meggyboo9977  Part of the issue may be that the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 ID: 5917 graphics chip is not in the game data base. Every time you start the game the game does a computer hardware check. I sense your computer design is (very) new. The problem is I don't know how to configure that chip as I don't recommend playing games with Intel graphics (typically 3D gaming requires more power then integrated video chips provide) as Intel does not provide timely driver updates. Intel does provide stable drivers for their products. Actually adding new graphics chips to TS4 is easier then the TS3 but you have to know the power of the chip to enter the correct classification. I can only recommend you contact EA customer support and they may be able to help you with a proper entry - link - EA customer service

Message 5 of 5 (5,949 Views)