Re: Sims 4 cats and dogs downloading problem

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4 cats and dogs downloading problem

★★★ Newbie
So I recently purchased cats and dogs for my sims and I use origin for all my sims content. It downloaded and everything was fine so I was excited to use my new pack, so I opened up my sims 4 and it loaded perfectly I created my sims and went to purchase their house in brindleton bay but it got stuck on the loading screen for ages so I restarted my computer and attempted to load my sims 4 again. However this time, it didn't even load to the main menu it just got to the first loading screen that says "the sims 4" and then turned to a blank white screen that couldn't be closed unless you restarted the whole computer. I tried a couple of times to load my sims but this kept happening.

I uninstalled all my sims 4 content which had taken days and I'm finally finishing installing the last of it but I'm scared to install the cats and dogs pack in case the whole situation happens again, however I'm so excited to play it....

Can someone please please help me?
Message 1 of 4 (387 Views)

Hero

Hi @emmaoreilly1999

this issue is most often caused by incompatible mods. 

Here's a list of broken stuff: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1

The list is not complete so there might be other mods causing issues.

You must update or remove incompatible mods or you will run into issues

If you don't have any, could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (333 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes i removed all my mods and cc before installing the whole game again. I left it overnight to download the rest of my packs and even though I didn't add it to the download queue, cats and dogs still downloaded and the whole thing has happened again. I hope i can get this sorted because i don't think I can wait days again to re-install my game.

This is my DxDiag

Message 3 of 4 (307 Views)

Hero

Yeah, Origin just likes to re-download stuff.

Your processor is bit low and your card below minimum specs so it's possible it put it over the top

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199 though

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (291 Views)