by KoolKatYOLO

Original Post

Sims 4 cant go to work or school

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
I want to talk about something you don't mention above:
How accessible is the current experience? I can use parts of it
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. When it is time for my sims to go to work or school, they dont go. When I click on them, they dont have the option and when I go to their career/school screen, it just restarts the countdown to the next day. Then it happens all over again. I have tried moving lots and that does not work. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game!
How is this making it more difficult? The sims dont make money so I cant progress in the game!
How can we reproduce this experience? ?

I would like my sims to go to school or work automatically like they used to. 

Message 1 of 6 (9,541 Views)

Re: Sims 4 cant go to work or school

★★★ Guide

Make sure in your game options that your Autonomy is set to full, and you do not have disable autonomy for selected sims on.

If this does not help.  Are you using any mods?

Message 2 of 6 (9,493 Views)

★★ Pro

@cruellis21

If playing with mods and custom content, move your mods folder to the desktop, clear your game cache and delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help with troubleshooting.

Try playing the game again to test without the mods folder. If it loads okay, it may be that some of the mods/cc have become outdated.

How to Delete Cache Files
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Custom content can become outdated with most new game patches. If the game works when the Mods folder is removed, then one or more of the mods and/or custom content has become outdated and will need to be removed or replaced. EA/Maxis aren't responsible for broken mods/cc. It's up to the creators to fix.

Disabling or turning off both mod/cc options isn't enough of a test.

Try the 50/50 method:

1. Move all the mods and cc out into a temporary folder on the desktop.
2. Move a few files back at a time. Load the game to make sure it loads and everything is good.
3. Delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder.
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 till there is no more files to check.

** While your testing, don't save the game. If you find any problems, delete the mod or custom content file.

How To Find Problem Mods and CC
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Message 3 of 6 (9,488 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi there have the same problem my sims will get a notifacation saying school in 1 hour ill look at the career/school menu and it will change from one minute to two days untill school help?

Message 4 of 6 (9,486 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@172e3cda00349872 What do you do for xbox one . Cause my teens refuse to go to work or school. Child refuse to eat or go pee.
Message 5 of 6 (4,591 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has gotten a bit old now, so it's been locked to prevent any necro-posting.

If you're still having troubles with this topic, please feel free to create a new thread so we can take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 6 of 6 (4,570 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help