Sims 4 can't run with video card

by sjdecheske

Original Post

Sims 4 can't run with video card

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I was always able to play Sims 4. I have 83 hours on it. Yet today I just finished reinstalling it after some issues with my graphics card (nothing we just forgot to plug it in to the hdmi cord) and we got some replacements before getting it working. I ended up resetting my pc in hopes of fixing it so I had to reinstall it. It finally finished but when I tried to play it gave me this

"Unable to start:

Cant run the sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed.

[0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:800100000:0000000]"

I dont get it! I have Radeon RX 550 series and it ALWAYS ran and not once did I get this error. I even got the pet addon! I lost $60 cause the game decides it doesn't want to work.

I tried the run without origin in game and still same error. 

Why isn't it working?! I'm REALLY angry right now

Message 1 of 29 (1,251 Views)

Betreff: Sims 4 can't run with video card

[ Edited ]
Champion

Maybe your graphics card drivers are not up-to-date. Update your drivers directly from the Graphics Card website.
Try starting the game in windowed mode: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/How-to-start-The-Sims-4-in-Windowed-mode/m-p/3447611#M...

Message 2 of 29 (1,234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It is updated. I had it check and all I got was an optional update but the update ruins my pc so i'm not getting that again.

I normally never had to start in windowed mode it would just start when I wanted to play it. I bet EA updated it so it requires a more powerful card. I always seem to have that kind of inconvenience....

Edit: I dont have the option to start it in windows mode :/ this is starting to * me off now

Message 3 of 29 (1,224 Views)

★★ Pro

@sjdecheske

Have you tried to repair your game?

Repair Game:
In Origin > Games Library, right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair.

Reference Link:
Error 0e6d1221
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Error-0e6d1221-1df4e8dc-0000012d-912c9c10/td-p/4636763

Message 4 of 29 (1,216 Views)

★★★ Novice

repaired it. Same error

Message 5 of 29 (1,211 Views)

Re: Sims 4 can't run with video card

★★ Guide
Have you tried running in Windowed mode?

Basically, In Origin, right click Sims 4, go to properties. Add -w to the command line, hit apply, try to start the game.
Message 6 of 29 (1,197 Views)

★★ Pro

@sjdecheske

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner.

Try this:

These instructions are for Nvidia cards, but AMD cards should have something similar to a control panel.

1. Delete the Config.log file from the Sims 4 folder. [C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4]
2. Set the Nvidia card as default in Nvidia Control Panel.
3. Run the game to the Main Menu and exit the game.
4. Check the new Config.log file to see if it's detecting the Nvidia card.

Message 7 of 29 (1,195 Views)

Re: Sims 4 can't run with video card

★★★ Novice

Well it worked but I highly prefer to play in fullscreen 

Message 8 of 29 (1,188 Views)

★★★ Novice

'I'm not useing a nvidia

Message 9 of 29 (1,168 Views)

★★ Pro

@sjdecheske

I understand that, I was just hoping that you could use the instructions I gave to get your computer to recognize the video card.

If you prefer not to delete the Config.log file, rename it for temporary - something like Config1.log should work, or move it to the desktop.

Set your video card as default in it's manager.

Run the game to the Main Menu and exit the game.

Check the new Config.log file in the Sims 4 folder to see if it's detecting your video card.

Message 10 of 29 (1,154 Views)