Sims 4 camera spinning

by CaitlinHettiage

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 camera spinning

★★ Novice

I downloaded reshade but it was glitching so i deleted it but now when ever i rotate in cas and live mode it spins alot i dont think its my mouse.

Message 1 of 8 (6,304 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 camera spinning

★ Apprentice

It’s caused by a conflict between ReShade and a recent Windows 10 update. 

Solution: turn off Origin In-Game. 

How: in Origin click on Origin in the top corner and click on Application Settings. From there navigate to Origin In-Game and turn it off. 

Why: Origin In-Game applies an overlay to your games, just like the similar Steam in-game service. Any program that uses overlays can cause conflicts with ReShade in certain circumstances. With TS4 it hasn’t caused problems until this most recent Windows 10 update, but now it does, so turning off the Origin In-Game overlay fixes it. 

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (6,155 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@CaitlinHettiage 

Reshade is known to cause this but you say that you uninstalled it. Does this happen if you start a new game?

Do you have a gaming mouse? If you accidentally increase resolution on that it will also cause the issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (6,229 Views)

★★ Novice

it happens when i start a new game or play in a old one i dont have a gaming mouse its cheap one from target but in other games its fine maybe i didnt delete the reshade but im pretty sure i did delete it

Message 3 of 8 (6,213 Views)

★★ Novice

Also it stopped happening yesterday but it started happening again now

Message 4 of 8 (6,212 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CaitlinHettiage 

Make sure that you have properly uninstalled Reshade.

See this for instructions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hFmt0Hsd8E

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 8 (6,200 Views)

★ Apprentice

It’s caused by a conflict between ReShade and a recent Windows 10 update. 

Solution: turn off Origin In-Game. 

How: in Origin click on Origin in the top corner and click on Application Settings. From there navigate to Origin In-Game and turn it off. 

Why: Origin In-Game applies an overlay to your games, just like the similar Steam in-game service. Any program that uses overlays can cause conflicts with ReShade in certain circumstances. With TS4 it hasn’t caused problems until this most recent Windows 10 update, but now it does, so turning off the Origin In-Game overlay fixes it. 

Message 6 of 8 (6,156 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you it seems to have fixed it 

Message 7 of 8 (6,134 Views)

★ Apprentice
@pictureamoebae I don't have reshade and it is happening Frown Turning off ingame means i cant stream any other ideas ?
Message 8 of 8 (5,317 Views)