Original Post

Re: Sims 4 button greyed out

★ Novice

Thank u soooooooooo much! Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 21 of 46 (3,781 Views)

★ Apprentice

Clear Origin Cache
1. Note: These folders are hidden by default, and the player will need to un-hide to be able to locate them.

-To Unhide folders type folder options in the search bar in the start menu OR go to Control Panel and look folder options to Appearance and Personalization

-click the VIEW TAB and under advanced settings click the button that say "show hidden files, folders, and drives"
Apply and ok

2. Open COMPUTER/MY PC (For windows 8/8.1 follow this link to open the folder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK0Il9HCLmg)

3. Open LOCAL DISC C: or HARD DISC C:

4. Open PROGRAM DATA and delete the entire ORIGIN FOLDER

5. Go back to LOCAL DISC C: or HARD DISC C:

6. Open USERS, then open your Account's folder (Not the Administrator; Public; or Default. It depends on your User Account's Name)

7. Open APPDATA

8.Delete the ORIGIN folder from LOCAL and ROAMING folder

9. Done!

Message 22 of 46 (3,595 Views)

★ Apprentice

Delete Origin Cache
- Go to Control Panel
- Click Appearance and Personalization
- Go to Folder Options
- In View Tab, under please select "Show hidden files, folders and drives" and press apply, then OK

-Go to MY COMPUTER (Windows 7) or This PC/MY PC (Windows 8)
-Go to Local Disc C/ Drive C
-Delete Origin folder from PROGRAM DATA
-Then Go back to Local Disc C, and proceed to USERS
-Go to your main Account (Not the Administrator; Public; or Default. It depends on your User Account's Name)

and click APPDATA

-Delete ORIGIN from LOCAL and ROAMING Folders.

Message 23 of 46 (3,592 Views)

★★ Novice

I did this but i have lost everything and now i don't know what to do. I have 254 hours of play and its all gone. Don't do this step!

@Chele2421 wrote:

When clicking on play in the sims 4 and the play button is greyed out, you will need to clear the origin cache...

Windows
  1. Ensure Origin is fully closed by clicking the Origin Menu and selecting Exit.
  2. Delete the following folders:
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\ProgramData\ -delete origin folder 
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ -deleter origin folder 
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\-delete origin folder 
  • Note: These folders are hidden by default, and the player will need to un-hide to be able to locate them.
  • To Unhide folders type folder options in the search bar in the start menu 
  • -click the view tab and under advanced settings click the button that say show hidden files, folders, and drives
  • Apply and ok 

Message 24 of 46 (3,260 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this worked. Thanks!!!

@Chele2421 wrote:

When clicking on play in the sims 4 and the play button is greyed out, you will need to clear the origin cache...

Windows
  1. Ensure Origin is fully closed by clicking the Origin Menu and selecting Exit.
  2. Delete the following folders:
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\ProgramData\ -delete origin folder 
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ -deleter origin folder 
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\-delete origin folder 
  • Note: These folders are hidden by default, and the player will need to un-hide to be able to locate them.
  • To Unhide folders type folder options in the search bar in the start menu 
  • -click the view tab and under advanced settings click the button that say show hidden files, folders, and drives
  • Apply and ok 

Message 25 of 46 (3,140 Views)

★ Novice

If we delete the Origin files, will this erase all the save data for my other games? I have almost every additional item for PvZ and I do not want to lose that! :-)

Message 26 of 46 (3,082 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't find the folder either          :eahigh_file:

Message 27 of 46 (2,899 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You know you copy and paste the folders he/she has mentioned and put them into the search bar. The folders should come up for you then

Message 28 of 46 (2,710 Views)

★ Novice

I right clicked and selected "repair" and it fixed it.

Message 29 of 46 (2,656 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Where are these folders to be found on a Mac?

Message 30 of 46 (2,628 Views)