by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 button greyed out

Hero

That sounds like a good idea. I'll forward this to EA:

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 46 (6,812 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
It's a good idea. I'm not sure how feasible it is, since it's effectively a button directly deleting files from your drive, but the suggestion is interesting so I've passed it on. Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 12 of 46 (6,813 Views)

★ Novice

in windows XP the folder are different and programs work different  when there folders get deleted. HELP

Message 13 of 46 (6,811 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was able to uninstall all folders and also reinstall origin but the game is still greyed out and I can't play!!

Message 14 of 46 (6,764 Views)

Hero

Did you delete Origin cache files: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/ ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 46 (6,751 Views)

★★ Novice

I did all of that and the sims 4 is still unplayable, this sucks I bought it this afternoon for christmas and it already doesent work, idk why I expected better I mean this is EA were talking about lol

Message 16 of 46 (6,650 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When I try to delete the Origin folder in "Program Data" It tells me that it cannot delete because one of the folder/files are open in another program. (Yes, I did fully close Origin and check Task Manager). I Then went into the Origin folder and selected all files, right clicked then delete. It deleted all but one file, 'Logs" and inside that was... TS4_1011164_1015875_1015876_1015793_1015794_OnlineActivation_Log

How do I fix this??

Also, Ive been trying to fix this since the 28th (I think) of December.... Why couldnt it have been as easy as the oher Sims games to install........ 

Message 17 of 46 (6,526 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same exact problem.

Message 18 of 46 (6,465 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also am having the problem.  I'm on Windows 7 and was able to delete the \appdata\orign folder and the \Program data\origin folder.  I didn't find the \local or \roaming.  But no luck.  It is still grayed out.  Any further help??!?!?!

Thanks

Message 19 of 46 (6,461 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, I find the solution in the Origin Help Search.

Search by "clearing your temporary files" and you will see how to do it.

Now, finaly i can play The Sims 4 on two Pc's...

Message 20 of 46 (6,440 Views)