Re: Sims 4 button greyed out

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 button greyed out

★★★ Newbie

My Sims 4 is greyed out. It seems that I cannot install an update. I opened Origin on my laptop and it automatically installed the update, but won't install on my PC. I side clicked to check for updates, nothing. I did all the option in Orgin setting, reinstalled Origin, checked internet, firewall, etc. Nothing seems to be working. 

Message 1 of 46 (83,829 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

When clicking on play in the sims 4 and the play button is greyed out, you will need to clear the origin cache...

Windows
  1. Ensure Origin is fully closed by clicking the Origin Menu and selecting Exit.
  2. Delete the following folders:
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\ProgramData\ -delete origin folder 
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ -deleter origin folder 
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\-delete origin folder 
  • Note: These folders are hidden by default, and the player will need to un-hide to be able to locate them.
  • To Unhide folders type folder options in the search bar in the start menu 
  • -click the view tab and under advanced settings click the button that say show hidden files, folders, and drives
  • Apply and ok 

View in thread

Message 2 of 46 (95,666 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

When clicking on play in the sims 4 and the play button is greyed out, you will need to clear the origin cache...

Windows
  1. Ensure Origin is fully closed by clicking the Origin Menu and selecting Exit.
  2. Delete the following folders:
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\ProgramData\ -delete origin folder 
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ -deleter origin folder 
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\-delete origin folder 
  • Note: These folders are hidden by default, and the player will need to un-hide to be able to locate them.
  • To Unhide folders type folder options in the search bar in the start menu 
  • -click the view tab and under advanced settings click the button that say show hidden files, folders, and drives
  • Apply and ok 
Message 2 of 46 (95,667 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't seem to find any of these folders, do we have any other solutions??

Message 3 of 46 (83,417 Views)

★ Novice

As AppData is a hidden folder, you must click on 'View' on the upper part of the Windows Explorer and make sure the checkbox next to 'Hidden Items' are checked. The 'AppData' folder should pop up immediately, alowing you to open it and access the 'Local' and 'Roaming' files.

Message 4 of 46 (83,326 Views)

★ Novice

Nevermind my last post...it's a bit redundant...Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 5 of 46 (83,323 Views)

★★★ Novice

I removed all 3, but 2 of my sims are still greyed out Frown

Message 6 of 46 (82,773 Views)

★ Novice

ive followed all the step required to find these hidden files and delete them, however cant seem to find them anywhere. is there a change thay are already gone, and if so, what would i dothen to fix my game. id really apreciate the help. thanks

Message 7 of 46 (82,589 Views)

Hero

but you see the appData and programData folders ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 46 (82,563 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, i have unlocked folders and i still can not find the folders app data local and roaming can i get more help please.

Message 9 of 46 (82,359 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Alright I did that but you guys really shoud work on a process that deletes the cache by the pressing of a button in the Origins settings.

Please make a service ticket adressing this.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 46 (81,767 Views)