Sims 4 - build mode blue, not showing design

by krsukkau

Original Post

Sims 4 - build mode blue, not showing design

★★★ Newbie

Hi there! I’m hoping this is a simple fix .. I have just started playing yesterday and am trying to build a house however I can’t for the life of me see what I’m building. Everything stays in the dark blue floor/walls as when you’re building rooms. When I switch to live mode it looks the exact same. 

I think there just must be a button I’m missing clicking?  Help!

Message 1 of 3 (1,667 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - build mode blue, not showing design

@krsukkau  Have you added windows yet?  The lighting inside fully enclosed rooms can be almost nonexistent.  As an experiment, try building a single room with a couple of windows on each side, while Build/Buy is set to afternoon lighting.  The button to switch the time of day, at least as far as what you see in BB, is with the other controls at the top middle of the screen.

If you see the same effect, please post a couple of screenshots, and let me know whether your computer runs Windows or macOS.  It would also help to know the graphics settings you're using; you can put the game in windowed mode and take a screenshot of that as well.  Images can be embedded within the text of a post, which is especially helpful if you want to attach more than three to a single post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,651 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - build mode blue, not showing design

★★★ Newbie

I'm bringing back this old post because i had the same question. This seems to happen when there's some sort of issue with the structure of what you're doing. Like maybe you've made a change and now your room doesn't have a wall.   

Or, I made a deck that was blue and it was because i needed to pick the floor and fencing.

If I had to recommend something, I would say back out if you can to the point that your action did this and see if you can do it a different way. If it's too late for that, see if your house isn't a complete wall all the way around or something like that.

Message 3 of 3 (286 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help