Re: Sims 4 bug message won't go away

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 bug message won't go away

★★★ Newbie

Can't get this message to go away no matter how many times I boot up and hit X on the message, It causes my game to freeze up and crash. How do you make this stop popping up. Please help lol it's very annoying and all I want to do is play my game. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,272 Views)

@qdsvlvjyacmt  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  Do you run any apps that include an overlay, for example Discord or Steam?  If so, close the app(s) before playing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (1,248 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@qdsvlvjyacmt This is happening to me too no idea how to fix it
Message 3 of 8 (1,180 Views)

@9ltbma0rwwmk  Same questions as above apply to you.

Message 4 of 8 (1,176 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes my pc runs windows and i do have discord overlay but i always close it before i open the sims and its still not letting me X the notification 

Message 5 of 8 (1,168 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@qdsvlvjyacmt So i just spammed the heck out of the X button then waited around 20-30 seconds and it finally closed, i repaired it through origins too so not sure if that helped
Message 6 of 8 (1,159 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here, except nothing seems to help. I restarted my machine, repaired the game, spammed the X button, and gave it over 15 minutes to go away, all for nothing. I'm running Windows 10 with nothing in the background/overlays.

Message 7 of 8 (1,146 Views)

@RowenaDeVandal  Do you have any pending Windows notifications?  Have you tried switching from fullscreen mode to windowed, or vice versa?  You can do so by editing options.ini, in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, to set fullscreen to 0 or 1.

If you use mods or custom content, have you tried removing the entire Mods folder?  This would be an odd issue for mods to cause, but it's easy to test.

And just for fun, try clicking around the X, not exactly on it.

Message 8 of 8 (1,075 Views)