Re: Sims 4 broken after CAS? Invisible?

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 broken after CAS? Invisible?

★ Novice

A few days ago, my vampire Sim aged into a teenager, so I edited her in CAS, but when I exited CAS to get back to game play, the screen was like this (picture). I thought it was just an issue that could be solved by "repairing" my game. I've done that 3 times since it happened and it's no different, if not worse. I play the Sims a lot, so I'm really scared that this isn't fixable without a full reset. Frown I tried going back into the game, evicting the family, and moving them back in. Nothing. I went into a different family in the save. Same thing there. I tried recovering an old version of the save in case it just became broken at some point. Same thing... I don't know what to do at this point and I'm really frustrated because it won't even let me go into the menu or the world view when it's like this. If anyone could please help with this without making me factory reset my whole game, I would really appreciate it. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,754 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Hi @raina747

this looks like an issue with an incompatible mod. Are you using any ? There are many mods broken after the latest patch, namely any UI mods.

Make sure to remove those and check for updates with the creators

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,035 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @raina747

this looks like an issue with an incompatible mod. Are you using any ? There are many mods broken after the latest patch, namely any UI mods.

Make sure to remove those and check for updates with the creators

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (2,036 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you; this seemed to fix the problem. It was the UI Cheats Extension Mod, which I'll have to replace when the new version comes out. Thank you.

Message 3 of 5 (1,699 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi this happened to me not to long ago and it was due to outdated mods. I had to delete mcc command center and wonderful whims to get my game working again, so if you have these mods it could be the case. hopefully this helps Standard smile 

Cailyn

Message 4 of 5 (561 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks @tmcpeek356.

We'll close this out here. For future readers, if you're experiencing a similar issue, please try the advise shared in this thread and if it continues after, please feel free to open a new one.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 5 of 5 (535 Views)