Re: Sims 4 black screen when selecting anything in build/buy

by SantaFeAtBay

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

i was had the same problem try alt enter hope it works for you like it worked for me

Message 121 of 244 (6,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

where can i set the compatibility to w.7?   Have got 8,1 now..  

and: When i get thi black screen (everytime i select anything to buy) I have to exit the game and restart.. Because the ts4 window goes on top of everything else including my desctop.   

EA FIX IT NOW! I used to play for free through my sisters originprofile and I went ahead and bought the "game", and this is what you give me?

Message 122 of 244 (6,849 Views)

Hero

Right click on the game icon on your desktop and choose properties.

You should find the option on the compatibilty tab.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 123 of 244 (6,839 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've now been ON HOLD Waiting for Help for 37 minutes - WAITING FOR THE SURVEY to Report My Opinion of The Quality of Service Provided

Message 124 of 244 (6,834 Views)

★★★ Novice

Choose Properties - THEN WHAT? Reading the Properties of Your Computer or the Game doesn't fix BAD PROGRAMMING CREATED BY ELECTRONIC ARTS

Message 125 of 244 (6,832 Views)

Hero

@crinrict wrote:

Right click on the game icon on your desktop and choose properties.

You should find the option on the compatibilty tab.

@ninapavez  was asking where the option for compatibitly is, and that was my answer. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 126 of 244 (6,824 Views)

★★★ Novice

this totally worked for me.  Thank you.  I hope more people try this.  

@barcodejames wrote:

@St8oFmInDs wrote:
Is doesn't work for me at all and the screen still goes black. This is crazy...what do I do?

What has worked every time I have done it, is when I run the game and load up a house, I change the game resolution to 1600x1024, and then I click on an object in the buy mode. The screen will then go black, so I alt tab out of the game, and then back into the game. After doing this, the black screen doesn't come back until I close and re open the game. I am then able to change the game resolution back to 1080p (which is my monitor's native resolution.)

1. Start the game.

2. Load up a house to play.

3. change game resolution to 1600x1024.

4. click on random object in buy mode.

5. once screen goes black, alt + tab out of game, and then back into game.

6. change resolution back to desired playing resolution.

7. enjoy playing the game. (hopefully?)

Message 127 of 244 (6,703 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The above works for me - but it's completely rediculous that this issue hasn't been fixed yet. 

Message 128 of 244 (6,695 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

*** UPDATE*** This worked for about an hour but now I have the same problem back again, The fun continues......

EA rang me today and sorted out my issue.

I went to control panel, device manager, right clicked on graphics card and hit properties, did roll back driver.

He then also got me to right click on the shortcut to sims4 on the desk top, properties. Changed compatibility to windows 7 ( I'm running 8.1) and make sure box 'run as administrator' is ticked.

I dont know which one worked, he thinks probably the driver rollback but it seems fine now. Hope this helps someone.

Message 129 of 244 (6,606 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am not very tech savvy, but this worked for me (so far, fingers crossed) as a fix to the Build Mode black screen freeze.

I went to my Origin Shortcut on my desktop. I right clicked and selected "Troubleshoot Compatibility. (Notice Origin, not Sims 4.) I ran the troubleshooter, then picked Test Program.

Don't press Next.

Go to Origin>My Games>Sims 4. Test to see if this fix worked. You should be able to Exit from the game, then pick Next on Troubleshooter. You will get the option to save the fix. 

I will be back if this stops working Standard smile.

Message 130 of 244 (6,603 Views)