Re: Sims 4 black screen when selecting anything in build/buy

by ASSAULTS

Original Post

★★ Novice

I seemed to have fixed my black screen issue. I run the sim4launcher.exe and TS4.exe as Admin and Windows 7 Compatibility. 

Message 91 of 244 (2,631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Well I'm probably going to jinx it, but I just launched the game, after taking a break from it for a couple of days, and didn't have to do the resolution trick. Buy/build mode is at the moment working for me. Now I just need to see if I can run the game without having to run origin as admin, or setting the game to xp compatibility mode.

Edit: Yup, I jinxed it. It only worked the first time. Now I'm getting the stupid black screen again. EA thinks adding pointless gnomes riding flamingos is a better use of their time, rather than fixing their half finished game.

Message 92 of 244 (2,571 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SOLVE: Press ALT + SHIFT + PRINT to go to the "Contrast Windows Mode", helped for me =)

I'm usin Win 8.1

Message 93 of 244 (2,353 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@ASSAULTS wrote:

I seemed to have fixed my black screen issue. I run the sim4launcher.exe and TS4.exe as Admin and Windows 7 Compatibility. 

This worked for me as far as i can see so far, Ive tried setting it to windowed, updating drivers, restart, but this simple compatability fixed it for me. 

Message 94 of 244 (2,156 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I got the same error with the black screen, i fixed it with this tutorial here <Removed. Please don't post links to shady fixed here>

Message 95 of 244 (2,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@ASSAULTS wrote:

Should I be concerned that I don't have a sim4launcher.exe? Also, running ts4.exe as admin didn't work for me, and I can't run it as windows 7 compatibility, because the only way I can get the game to even open, is by running it as windows xp compatibility.

Edit:Well nevermind. EA seems to have fixed my issue where I have to run it in xp compatibility. I set TS4.exe to run as admin, and windows 7 compatibilty, and not only did the game launch, but I also don't get the black screen anymore!

Edit2: May have figured out why I dont have a sims4launcher.exe. Pretty sure that is only in the cracked version of the game...

Message 96 of 244 (2,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@ASSAULTS wrote:

Work 4 me too.

But still have ram overload TT.

Message 97 of 244 (2,028 Views)

★★ Novice

So it's not an official fix, but its a temp fix, you change your resolution, and the next time it does black screen hit alt + tab, and it will get rid of black screen. But only temporarily.

Message 98 of 244 (1,826 Views)

★ Apprentice

@kittenalive wrote:

So it's not an official fix, but its a temp fix, you change your resolution, and the next time it does black screen hit alt + tab, and it will get rid of black screen. But only temporarily.

Or a more permanent "fix" until EA comes out with an official solution, set ts4.exe to run as admin and run under windows 7 compatibility. That actually works for me between playing sessions, and I don't have to alt tab out of the game.

Message 99 of 244 (1,761 Views)

★★ Novice

well i did the same as admin switch from windows 8.1 to windows 7, but i still have the black screen...

Message 100 of 244 (1,665 Views)