Re: Sims 4 became laggy with new patch.

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4 became laggy with new patch.

★★ Apprentice

As the title says, when i updated my game today it just became laggy and practically unplayable, when i move the camera, when the sims walk, in the loading screen, in the CAS, everywhere, before the update my game was fine(except for the crash issues that i think now are fixed but i don't know cause i couldn't play normally due to the lag) everything moving great, no lag.

I change my settings to the lowest and the lag didn't go. My graphic card is; NVIDIA GeForce GT 520... I don't think is my graphic card, since the game was fine before the patch.

Message 1 of 15 (3,880 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Can you start a new game for testing purposes to see if you have he same issue.

Also remove any mods or custom content you might have.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (3,855 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just did, and is still the same.

Even when you start (enter the game), the EA, the Maxis and The sims 4 screen, all lag from the start, and I don't have mods or custom content..

Message 3 of 15 (3,845 Views)

★★★ Novice

Mine is doing the same thing. It started lagging durring the load screens. I was hoping this latest update would fix the pervious random crash issues as well but after gettting through the lag even though game play after 5 mins the entire game crashed. Its been a month and Ive only payed the game for like 3 days and it was perfectly fine before any of the updates started happening. After that 5 mins of game play and crashing and now lagging load screens and playtime. 

Message 4 of 15 (3,839 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem except I have been experiencing this since 9/9/14 since the FIRST patch came out. When my sims walk it's in slow motion. It's lagging bad. & it takes forever to load. After it does load, the music from the loading screen is STILL playing during gameplay. As if the game is running to fast for itself... The lag is horrifying. I haven't been able to play it since because of the errors. I thought I needed more ram but I honestly don't know.. Are your sims appearing to be in slow motion too? Are you experiencing the problems I am too?? 

@Efhemera wrote:

As the title says, when i updated my game today it just became laggy and practically unplayable, when i move the camera, when the sims walk, in the loading screen, in the CAS, everywhere, before the update my game was fine(except for the crash issues that i think now are fixed but i don't know cause i couldn't play normally due to the lag) everything moving great, no lag.

I change my settings to the lowest and the lag didn't go. My graphic card is; NVIDIA GeForce GT 520... I don't think is my graphic card, since the game was fine before the patch.

Message 5 of 15 (3,828 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@PinkOrchet wrote:

I'm having the same problem except I have been experiencing this since 9/9/14 since the FIRST patch came out. When my sims walk it's in slow motion. It's lagging bad. & it takes forever to load. After it does load, the music from the loading screen is STILL playing during gameplay. As if the game is running to fast for itself... The lag is horrifying. I haven't been able to play it since because of the errors. I thought I needed more ram but I honestly don't know.. Are your sims appearing to be in slow motion too? Are you experiencing the problems I am too?? 

I actually have that problem with the music but i didn't put much attention because I just turn it off and it was fixed when i turn it on again. And no they aren't in slow motion, just a lot of lag, same as you I thought I needed more ram due to the new update because they added new stuff but I have a lot of free space, so I don't know what's causing this :c

Message 6 of 15 (3,818 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've also just experienced this problem, only since updating to the latest patch.

Message 7 of 15 (3,810 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have been searching about this and there's nothing that fix this, i will have to wait till EA release a new update/patch in november? (Sorry for bad grammar english is not my language)

Message 8 of 15 (3,776 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Don't know if you guys tried but I decreased the lag turning into laptop mode, I thing i changed other thing but don't remember xD still have lag but not like before... i played for a while but then crashed. So the crashes issue are still there, but maybe you guys can fix your game turning into laptop mode. So now I am considering a refund. Cause i'm tired of all this.

Message 9 of 15 (3,736 Views)

★ Novice

A few months ago, when TS4 came out, I experienced a very strange bug. I played it for about two weeks, suddenly the performance of the game got extremely poor, I had a loss of FPS and it was just super laggy. Startup took forever and so did quitting! It became unplayable. I recently re-installed Windows 7 on my laptop. I put TS4 back on my laptop and it plays beautifully. Mind you, re-installing Windows 7 completely wiped my old memory and replaced it... so TS4 is freshly installed! I saved my old sims family on a flash drive so I could continue playing them. After I put my family back on the game, the problems I was having before re-installing Windows 7 occurred again! It was lagging and the performance was horrifying. Is it possible that my sim family could have gotten a bug or glitch of some sort? If so, how does things like this happen? What could have caused this family to be non-functional?! I also had downloaded the nude mod before the problems started occurring. Maybe this had something to do with it? After learning that the problem was the previous save, I deleted that save, and replaced the old save with the new save folder. After I did this, sims worked beautifully again. It's literally like my old sims family caught a bug. 

Message 10 of 15 (3,640 Views)