Re: Sims 4 base pack will no longer let me play without an additional pack

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Extreme Glitch - Base Game disappearance

Hero
@amyparker198 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 231 of 263 (809 Views)

Llamas and Question Marks Appearing Everywhere

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Get Together and Eco Lifestyle. I have Parenthood, Dine Out and Outdoor Retreat installed for game packs. Laundry Day and Tiny Living are the only stuff packs I have installed. I do not have either of the free packs installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On the Main Menu page, there are a bunch of llamas over a few of the packs I do not have installed, but none that I currently have installed. When I go to into build mode and CAS, there are llamas over the pack pictures and some clothes and items have question marks over them/replacing them. I will include screenshots from my game below.
What happens when the bug occurs? Llamas are over a lot of the pack images and questions marks appear in place of actual furniture and flooring, walls, etc. Also, pre-placed furniture from pre-built homes had really weird shadows underneath them that didn't match where the furniture actually was.
What do you expect to see? Just llamas over a few of the packs on the Main Menu screen, in CAS and in Build Mode. There is also question marks (?) all over the floors from packs with llamas over them, etc. Some of the trees and such also have question marks displayed where they should be. I tried going to Willow Creek as everything in there is from the base game, and to see if there was an issue with the packs I have installed. When I did this, the same thing happened, questions marks were over trees, replacing walls and weird shadows appeared under furniture.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As well as the issues above, the llamas appear on the "choose your world" screen and in the actual worlds there are random squares where neighbourhood logos should be. I'm really confused as to why this is happening and hope this can be resolved soon. I just returned to the game after a few weeks of taking a break and found this. Your support in helping me fix this issue is much appreciated!

Thank you so much,

Lindsey

Message 232 of 263 (817 Views)

Re: Llamas and Question Marks Appearing Everywhere

★★ Guide

Have you tried a game repair? If you have recently removed mods or CC, make sure to delete the localthumbscache.package file from your Sims 4 folder. 

Message 233 of 263 (932 Views)

Sims 4 base pack will no longer let me play without an additional pack

★★★★★ Newbie

I recently updated The Sims 4 and since doing so I can no longer play as it asks me to pick an extension pack world which I do not own. Is there a way to still play as I have been for the past several years.

Message 234 of 263 (938 Views)

Re: Sims 4 base pack will no longer let me play without an additional pack

Hero

HI @Grundy217 

Could you try if repairing the game works ?
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 235 of 263 (896 Views)

8 JULY 20 UPDATE - BASEGAME WORLDS MISSING!

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL excluding Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load saved game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Basegame worlds Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and Newcrest are not available in the 'Worlds' menu. When loading a saved game, the game doesn't take the player to the "in-game" family, but to the 'Worlds' menu, where the basegame worlds are not an option on the menu. In this instance, I was playing a family in Oasis Springs, who I now cannot access.
What do you expect to see? Standard access to Basegame worlds, loading into "in-game" family as normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Origin/EA update 8th July 2020.

See attached photograph.

Message 236 of 263 (1,028 Views)

Re: 8 JULY 20 UPDATE - BASEGAME WORLDS MISSING!

★★★ Pro

Repair your game in origin this happened to me and after I repaired my game the base world's came back again hope this helps.

Message 237 of 263 (989 Views)

Re: 8 JULY 20 UPDATE - BASEGAME WORLDS MISSING!

Hero
@ffffirefly I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 238 of 263 (889 Views)

my basegame got disabled

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? My basegame got disabled now I only have some mods and the Cats and Dogs stuff. Also my sims and basegame cities (Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Newcrest) disappeared all because I don't have the base game even tho I bought it and I'm playing for like 4 months. It started after the 7/8/2020 update. I tried disabling mods and cc but it didn't work.
What do you expect to see? My cities (Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Newcrest), sims, normal basegame builds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hey!

Today i installed the latest 7/9/2020 update. I restarted the game because the update disabled mods and i wanted them back in my game. When i returned I couldn't find any of my cities except of Brindelton Bay (because that's the only expansion, stuff or game pack I own). I couldn't find Newcrest, Willow Creek, Oasis Springs. I tried playing as for an example the Delgatos and their house was all destroyed, all the basegame things were deleted. The wallpapers, flooring, furniture, trees, everything. The sims were invisible. 

Thanks for help

Message 239 of 263 (895 Views)

Re: my basegame got disabled

Hero
@_not_me_Ellie I merged your post with the master thread on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 240 of 263 (877 Views)