Re: Sims 4 bad FPS on High End Computer?!?

by moggye

Original Post

Sims 4 bad FPS on High End Computer?!?

★★★ Newbie

So with everything on Ultra, I get 30fps-49fps depending on zooming out/moving camera. Paused or Fast Forward doesn't affect it. But I've researched tons of other people playing with no problems with a much crappier setup.

Intel® Core™ i7-6800K Processor (6x 3.40GHz/15MB L3 Cache) - Intel® Core™ i7-6800K

Memory 16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-3000

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - 8GB - MSI Quicksilver (VR-Ready) - Single Card

Primary Hard Drive = 240 GB Kingston A400 SATA-3 SSD -- Read: 560MB/s; Write: 530MB/s - Single Drive

...I DON'T UNDERSTAND!! PS. I've disabled Origin, online features, fully updated drivers, nothing else running, CPU doesn't even get past 30% usage, AND even on LOW settings it still gets like 60fps. Not this 100+ others are talking about.

Message 1 of 7 (10,339 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@abc1962180172  What is the native resolution of the monitor? How is the computer connected to the monitor? Most flat screen (lcd) monitors are locked at 60Hz so even if the video card is putting out more then 60Hz the monitor is only using 60Hz. I am seeing the newer monitors (tvs) being 120Hz (or higher). Nvidia driver should have an option to lock the refresh to 60Hz (output of video card no higher then 60Hz). The cable you use to connect the monitor makes a difference. There are single link and dual link DVI cables. You need a high speed HDMI cable for anything over 1080p. If you are running 4K your frame rates look in the ball park for the single graphics card you have provided everything is connected right. There is no simple answer unless your entire system is detailed out. Need to know what you want, how you are running it and how you are running it. A wrong video cable will put a bottleneck in the system.

Message 2 of 7 (10,323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The refresh rate of the monitor would only affect the maximum FPS. It would not make the game dip to 30fps, regardless of monitor or connection to one.

It's 1080p I am trying to run, not 4K

After looking at Tera and GW2, playing at a constant 60fps, on max settings, I've come to the conclusion that it is just the game. Sadly GPU usage is only like 20% for The Sims 4, and settings everything to Quality or Performance, graphics from Low to Ultra, nothing changes anything. The power is there to grab, as shown in the first 2 games.. Sims just doesn't want it. -.-

Message 3 of 7 (10,307 Views)

★ Novice

For those who will come to read this. Don't waste your time. It's the game and they just don't care. Even the nasa can't run it at 60 fps on every mode.

Message 4 of 7 (9,121 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Actually I average 100 fps on ultra settings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 7 (9,116 Views)

★★★ Guide

@jpkarlsenwhat are your settings? How are you able to average that FPS?

Message 6 of 7 (6,610 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @troshalom I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much info as possible. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (6,559 Views)