Re: Sims 4 audio glitching

by Starlyk

Original Post

Sims 4 audio glitching

★★★★ Novice

I'm having audio glitching through my speakers when I play Sims 4 and I'm in a household. It also affects audio anywhere else on my PC, from Youtube to settings to other programs or games. This ONLY happens with Sims 4 opened up, ONLY when my speakers are connected via cable, they work just fine on bluetooth, and sound is also perfectly fine if I use any other output device for sound like my monitor speakers. Plugging headphones into the speakers when they are connected via cable is also glitchy, but again it's fine with bluetooth.

I bought a new audio cable and I tested several other games, only Sims 4 gives me this issue with this particular setup and output. I even changed my output settings to Windows Sonic as mentioned in another thread and that seemed to work until I got ingame again. I can't find any other solutions and I am at a loss. I can just go back to using bluetooth but it's frustrating that only this one game forces me to do that when I run it.

Message 1 of 5 (318 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Starlyk   Do you have any audio drivers in use other then the basic drivers that are needed. Some drivers are for sound effects and I have found that disabling  those drivers or updating them fixes most audio issues. We would need a complete diagram on how the monitor speakers are hooked up. Is your monitor connected with HDMI? Is your computer a laptop or desktop? If your computer is a desktop do you have an audio board installed? If it's a desktop do you have any cables near the on board audio chip? Are you trying to use 2 different sound programs like sims 4 and and background music program?

Message 2 of 5 (278 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think I have just basic drivers.

My monitor is connected by Display Port, my second one is connected by HDMI.

I'm using a desktop.

I don't think I have an extra audio thing.

Not sure.

I do run other things in addition to sims 4, but the issue still happens even when sims 4 is playing solo, and it glitches up everything.

This only happens when my speakers are working from being plugged into my PC directly. Id I use bluetooth or the built in speakers in my monitor(s) it plays sound just fine.

Message 3 of 5 (274 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Starlyk  Did you try discounting one of the monitors? The issue you have is to many technologies working at once  that you need to determine which one is causing a problem. Are your speakers powered? Typically when you plug speakers in to the speaker out jack that should disable the HDMI (display port) audio so you only have audio at the audio jack. Are your speakers powered? Did you try the speakers on something else? You tried headset plugged into the audio jack? you tried new audio cables? Tried the speakers on something else? If the speakers are powered the power supply may be bad (maybe). Did you actually tried different known good audio cables?

Message 4 of 5 (264 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The speakers are fine with other devices and with bluetooth on my desktop and phone and even when plugged in. Just when sims 4 is open do issues occur. This is my second audio cable, the exact same issue happens. Only when sims 4 is open.

Message 5 of 5 (260 Views)