Sims 4 audio crackling and popping (PC)

by Nekotrapboy

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 audio crackling and popping (PC)

★★ Novice
@SimmerChase You're actually a genius, I had just purchased the razer kraken tournament and was having the same issue while I was playing battlefront 2. the audio was working fine when I was watching videos but as soon as I launched a game it would cause the sound to lag. After searching the web I was unable to find any solution to my issue, thus leaving me to contact razer support. they were of no help because the solution they had provided me with was to change the default audio device to the headset-Game, which solved the issue but the sound was immensely quieter than with THC as the default device. Unsatisfied with tech support I decided to look across the web hopefully finding a solution that was appropriate, thus leading me to this thread. So I thank you for resolving my issue and I hope that anyone else who is having this issue will be able to find this solution.
Message 21 of 28 (1,005 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Nekotrapboy I have no idea why, but it absolutely solved the problem. Thanks a lot!
Message 22 of 28 (953 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is it! i have the razer surround sound app engine aswell, i honestly was about to give up until i saw your comment and disabled my razer surround sound and my sims work perfectly now! The horrid sounds are gone!  thank you SO much!

Message 23 of 28 (925 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been having the same problem and with every game update it just kept getting worse.

Message 24 of 28 (889 Views)

[ Edited ]

@FreckleFire  Before you do anything else, it's a good idea to run a couple of basic checks of your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here
  • Restart your computer

Next, please try updating your audio and sound device drivers.  Hit Windows key-X, select Device Manager, expand the Audio category, click on each entry in turn, and click the black and green Update icon at the top of the window.  Repeat for the entries in the Sound category.  Restart again when you're done.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 25 of 28 (861 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here's what I got after doing the PowerShell thing and I also checked my drivers yesterday and my computer said that they had the latest update.

Message 26 of 28 (841 Views)

@FreckleFire  Please try a different sound device that uses a different type of connection, e.g. headphones that connect via jack or USB, just for comparison.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 27 of 28 (831 Views)

★ Novice

I had this issue as well and all of the replies I've seen haven't applied to me. I dont like playing with headphones and nothing i did in audio settings helped. if you are playing on a razor laptop that has the thx spatial audio this is what worked for me. 

-right click on your speaker icon in the lower right corner 

-click on open volume mixer 

-click on the device called speakers 

-go to the advanced tab 

-uncheck the box labeled "enable audio enhancements" 

There ya go, problem shoukd be fixed Standard smile

Message 28 of 28 (705 Views)