Re: Sims 4 and Sims Medieval Lagging

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4 and Sims Medieval Lagging

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've been having an issue as of last night where both Sims 4 and Sims Medieval have been stuttering (hanging for a second or so and then catching up) fairly consistently throughout play.  Seems to be most common while scrolling the camera or switching between Sims, but can also happen seemingly out of nowhere.  It doesn't appear to be my computer; other graphics-intensive games have been running just fine.  I've tried repairing both games, deleting caches, closing other programs, rebooting, disabling origin-in-game, I've even tried virus scans.  The only thing I haven't done yet is reset to factory settings, but I'm not sure how much that will help if it's two different games at once.  It's driving be crazy and Medieval is borderline unplayable with this much lag.  Is there anything else besides the factory reset I can try?  Is anyone else having this issue?

Message 1 of 5 (905 Views)

★ Novice
As an update, I have now attempted the factory reset of moving the folders to a new location/renaming the folders and launching the game. The jerkiness persists in both games, even with only one sim. I have also updated by graphics card, and attempted to force an update on Origin by closing and re-launching. Is there anything else I can try?
Message 2 of 5 (891 Views)

Hero

Hi  @sagesaria 

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (874 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Here you go:

ETA: Trying both games again today, they seem to be playing completely normally again.  I'll leave tis open for the moment in case it happens again, but I have no idea what changed.

Message 4 of 5 (861 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try updating your graphics drivers.

Also if you have the documents folder on c, it might be a good idea to redirect it to another drive: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/74952-move-location-documents-folder-windows-10-a.html

Maybe it was just an hiccup though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (840 Views)