Re: Sims 4 Work Glitch (household unplayable)

by l___BGeezy___l

Original Post

★★ Novice

This is NOT SOLVED.  We need a fix for this problem!  

@Sonophax wrote:

Hi! So I've been happily playing the Sims 4 for a few hours now, but after my sim came home from work after her second day on the job, her status/portrait/options did not update to say she was home. I could give her orders, but the entire bar to view her needs/job/inventory/everything was grayed out and over her portrait it still said she was at work, despite the fact she was clearly home and her shift had ended. I am essentially unable to see to this sim's needs and desires.

I have already tried reloading - the bug is still present when I re-enter the game.

Any help would be awesome. Standard smile

ETA: Resetting the game doesn't work, switching households doesn't work, allowing her to continue going to and from work as usual changes nothing, using the reset sim console command doesn't work.

The career is level 1 entertainer/comedian.

I can give her a command to 'leave work early' but it does nothing but give me her paycheck over and over again while still not updating her.

@Sonophax wrote:

Hi! So I've been happily playing the Sims 4 for a few hours now, but after my sim came home from work after her second day on the job, her status/portrait/options did not update to say she was home. I could give her orders, but the entire bar to view her needs/job/inventory/everything was grayed out and over her portrait it still said she was at work, despite the fact she was clearly home and her shift had ended. I am essentially unable to see to this sim's needs and desires.

I have already tried reloading - the bug is still present when I re-enter the game.

Any help would be awesome. Standard smile

ETA: Resetting the game doesn't work, switching households doesn't work, allowing her to continue going to and from work as usual changes nothing, using the reset sim console command doesn't work.

The career is level 1 entertainer/comedian.

I can give her a command to 'leave work early' but it does nothing but give me her paycheck over and over again while still not updating her.

Message 11 of 22 (3,284 Views)

★★ Novice

We NEED a solution to this problem immediately.  It makes the entire game unplayable.  

Message 12 of 22 (3,282 Views)

★★★★ Novice

agreed doesnt look like i can advance in that career either

Message 13 of 22 (3,284 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

greetings from New Zealand all...

I too am having this problem - i have a save just before going to work for the first time (Writer), so will try some ideas posted here.

1. "Dont" Work hard - testing now.

A. Didnt work... still "at work".

Message 14 of 22 (3,280 Views)

★★ Novice

I quit my job, started over, didn't even touch my sim while he was at work, and it's still happening.  Happens with school too.  My teen is failing out because I can't access her inventory to do homework.  For a few days 2 of my 6 sims were not affected, now it's my entire household and it's the weekend for them all.  I can't see their needs, can't access their inventory or skills.  It's like flying blind with them.  Absolutely ridiculous. 

Message 15 of 22 (3,275 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i always went to work on normal and it happened havent tried other ones gonna try now and quitting doesnt work ive tried that twice

Message 16 of 22 (3,269 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Bump stupid bug please ea fix this

Message 17 of 22 (3,260 Views)

★★★ Novice

This bug really ruins the game. Please fix it asap.

Message 18 of 22 (3,248 Views)

★★★★ Novice

bump anyone got a way around this yet?

Message 19 of 22 (3,228 Views)

★★★ Novice

Calling your Sims from work/school 1 hour before it would end will let you avaoid that glitch.
When work ends 15:00 call your sim home around 14:00.

Message 20 of 22 (3,224 Views)