Re: Sims 4 Wont Open Up in Origin Tab ? (Not a Disk Version, nor Demo)

by ChaoticLawful

Original Post

Sims 4 Wont Open Up in Origin Tab ? (Not a Disk Version, nor Demo)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, So I bought my Sims Game (Sims 4) because Christmas, and I bought it Online, downloaded it, Played it woo hoo. I also had to download Origin, which took about 10 Minutes, the Sims 4 for Download took about 2 Hours or More. So when I got Home, (I was at my Parents Home, for Christmas Dinner) I tried to get the Sims 4 on, the Button for the Open Tab e.g Open Sims 4 or some stuff like that, The Button, was like Faded and was not responding to the Click, I was wondering if any of you guys knew what to do? Here is some imformation that may Help reslove the Problem or possibly get the Answer from one of you guys, Thanks 

• Sims 4 was downloaded and bought off the Internet, I had to make a Origin Account, this is not a DISK!
  • Sims 4 was working for about 4 Hours before I clicked off for 10 Minutes to Drive Home, now the Button is faded and will not respond to a Click
  • Please dont give me any Links to another thread, I just wanna keep on playing my Game that I payed my Money for, thank you. 

Thanks Everyone, Alot. Confusedmileymad:

Message 1 of 5 (6,565 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi there!

Try contacting an EA representative about your situation. Tell him or her what's going on, and they'll do their best to help you. Maybe request a refund, or ask them to give your money back as a credit towards another game. (Trust me, I know. The reps I've chatted with so far are really nice and helpful.)

About your launch issues:
Seeing that Sims 4 is still a fairly new game, there is bound to be some bugs and glitches that need to worked out. So, that may just be a highly unfortunate glitch. Also, by reading your complaints about the Origin and Sims 4 download taking forever, it may just be your computer that is to blame. For me, Origin downloads fairly quickly, and my games....well....they take a bit longer, but I digress. 

Anyhow, try manually uninstalling Sims 4, but before you do that, I highly recommend that you speak with an EA representative.

~Clary AngelNerd

Message 2 of 5 (3,580 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Are you playing on a Mac or a PC? I feel like it might be an Origin cache issue. Try manually uninstalling it and reinstalling. Here are the steps: https://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Message 3 of 5 (3,560 Views)

★★★ Newbie

experiencing the same issue since i bought the game last year thought id check in to see if resolved and no solutions from ea or sims 4 how disappointing.

Message 4 of 5 (2,478 Views)

Hero

Did you try the clearing cache suggestion above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (2,466 Views)