Re: Sims 4 Won't load after I click on my family.

by KennaKilla22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Won't load after I click on my family.

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
I want to talk about something you don't mention above:
How accessible is the current experience? Annoying, but OK
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. Its not loading
How is this making it more difficult? Its not loading
How can we reproduce this experience? I dont know

Every time i open sims 4 it opens fine then when I click on my family it wont ever load. I've tried to repair it. I tried to update it. 

Message 1 of 8 (25,137 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Pro

If I may add on to what EA_Mai mentioned -

Along with moving the mods folder to the desktop, delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder. This helps clear up some game glitches and will help to make sure there isn't any issues with mods. Like outdated mods or cc.

How to do this:
- Go to the Electronic Arts folder [C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4]
- Right-click on the Mods folder and select Cut, and Paste it to the desktop.

If the game runs well without the mods folder. This most likely means that it is an outdated mod. This can happen as we get updates for the games, some mods and custom content become outdated. You'll need to to go through your mods folder to find what needs to be replaced.

Finding Problem Mods and CC
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (25,194 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team
Hi @KennaKilla22,

I've moved your thread from the Accessibility forums to The Sims 4, as from the details you posted, the issue doesn't seem related to accessibility.

Are you using any mods in your game? If so, please, move your Mods folder to the desktop and check if your family loads without them.

Let us know how it goes! Standard smile
-Mai
Message 2 of 8 (25,096 Views)

★★ Pro

If I may add on to what EA_Mai mentioned -

Along with moving the mods folder to the desktop, delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder. This helps clear up some game glitches and will help to make sure there isn't any issues with mods. Like outdated mods or cc.

How to do this:
- Go to the Electronic Arts folder [C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4]
- Right-click on the Mods folder and select Cut, and Paste it to the desktop.

If the game runs well without the mods folder. This most likely means that it is an outdated mod. This can happen as we get updates for the games, some mods and custom content become outdated. You'll need to to go through your mods folder to find what needs to be replaced.

Finding Problem Mods and CC
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Message 3 of 8 (25,195 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I did not have mod or cc installed I deleted it when this started to happen to see if it would work.
Message 4 of 8 (25,066 Views)

EA app Team
So @172e3cda00349872's suggestions helped and you can now load your game @KennaKilla22? Standard smile

-Mai
Message 5 of 8 (25,041 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
Yes
Message 6 of 8 (25,009 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem but mine still will not load after deleting the thumbnail and moving the folder

Message 7 of 8 (24,531 Views)

@shinerlee1994  What folder did you move?  If you haven't already, please move the entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then launch the game and try to start a new save.  Let me know whether it works.

If it doesn't, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/bd-p/origin-technical-issues-en

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 8 (24,504 Views)