Re: Sims 4 Won't launch, even after resetting.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 Won't launch, even after resetting.

★★★ Newbie

Help! I have attached what shows when I go to launch Sims 4.

I have uninstalled both Origin and Steam and tried re installing it. Completely removing it off my computer and re adding it. But it keeps coming up with this. I don't get refunded when I have put it in as a request because it says it was played for X amount of hours. Which it wasnt. cause it bugged out on Origin. But you can't talk to the support help line and get referred to this for answers. So if anyone can please please please help I would really appreciate that greatly!

Any questions just hollar too. Also I am using a PC and its a gaming Laptop. Brand new. etc

Thanks again 

Message 1 of 3 (278 Views)

★ Guide
@jayez7 this may be part of the whole problem a lot of people have been having since the latest patch adding pronouns. I'm not saying it is, but a number of people have been posting similar issues in the last 48 hours (it's been nearly three days since the patch was released). To my understanding, the developers are working on a fix - exactly where they are with it is anyone's guess. What you could try is this - in origin, try repair game in the tools menu. I'm not saying %100 it will work but there's a possibility it may. Good luck with it.
Message 2 of 3 (253 Views)

@jayez7  If you have a Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, please move it to your desktop and try to play.

If that doesn't help, please run both Origin and Steam as an admin: right-click on each one's shortcut and select "Run as administrator."  Within Steam try repairing the game; the option is Properties > Local Files > Manage the integrity of the game files.  Then try to play.

If that doesn't help, please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and open both Origin and Steam as an admin again before trying to launch the game.  Launch it from Steam, not Origin.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (242 Views)