Re: Sims 4 Won't Work on Vista??? The demo works fine.

by LoganIsSleepy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Won't Work on Vista??? The demo works fine.

★★★★ Novice

I'm confused because I just learned from PC gamer that you require Windows 7 or 8 to play Sims 4. Is this true? If so, there goes 14 years of buying and playing Sims games down the drain because I can't afford to upgrade my computer, nor do I want to lose all of the stuff I have on it.

Message 1 of 6 (2,002 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

It's included in the minimum specs. I don't work for EA so I'm not going to give you any guarantees.

EA does have the great game guarantee though. If it doesn't work, you can give it back within 24 hours. You just need to buy it through Origin.

I also can't see why the demo should work on Vista but not the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (2,221 Views)

All Replies

Hero

You can play on Vista if you have Service Pack 2 but 7 or 8 are recommended. 

Should still run on Vista.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,990 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for replying... but the word "shoud" is not worth $80.00!!! Is there any way to find out for certain if it "WILL"?

@crinrict wrote:

You can play on Vista if you have Service Pack 2 but 7 or 8 are recommended. 

Should still run on Vista.

Message 3 of 6 (1,987 Views)

Hero

It's included in the minimum specs. I don't work for EA so I'm not going to give you any guarantees.

EA does have the great game guarantee though. If it doesn't work, you can give it back within 24 hours. You just need to buy it through Origin.

I also can't see why the demo should work on Vista but not the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (2,222 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't see why either... I have to buy mine from Walmart because that's where I have gift cards too. Hopefully their return policy will be lenient. Thanks for the information.

Message 5 of 6 (1,976 Views)

Hero

Here's the official info: http://www.thesims.com/faq#what-are-the-PC-minimum-system-requirements

You can see vista is listed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,973 Views)