Sims 4 Won't Open

by sunnyeweber

Original Post

Sims 4 Won't Open

★★★★★ Newbie

My Sims 4 game won't start up. No problems with installation and origin is working fine, but when I try to open the game it says theres an error. It comes up with this code on the message:

[135dec40;69731fb6;00000068;00000000]

I've tried logging out of origin and rebooting the computer and neither has done anything to help.

Message 1 of 33 (9,231 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Won't Open

Community Manager (retired)

@sunnyeweber This error message signifies that there was a problem starting up the audio component of the game. Can you give us a DXDiag so that we get a better idea of your hardware specs? Standard smile

Here's how:

1.  Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
2.  You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
3.  Type dxdiag in the text field
4.  Click OK
5.  If your computer has a 64-bit version of Windows, click the button Run 64-bit DXDIAG (see screenshot below)
6.  If your computer has a 32-bit version of Windows, that button will not be available

64-bit Users will notice the "Run 64-bit DxDiag" button in the bottom-left next to "Help" and should click it once it becomes available.  32-bit Users will not have this as a visible option.

Once you have an open DXDIAG report, there are several pieces of information that are especially helpful in pinpointing the cause of game performance issues:

• The main page of the DXIDAG is the System tab. On the System tab, make a note of what is written next to Operating System, Processor, and Memory. Those three pieces of information are the key components of the System tab.

• Next, click on the Display tab. On the Display tab (seen in the screenshot below) please note the information written next to the word Name. Finally, on the right-hand side of the Display tab is a Drivers heading. Please note what is written next to the word Date.

If you have any trouble reading the DXDIAG file yourself, you can save all the DXDIAG info as a text file and send it to an EA advisor for more assistance.

7.  Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
8.  Save this text file to your Desktop if possible, then go to hastebin.com and copy the contents of the file.

9. Give us the link of the paste in a reply to this thread. Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 2 of 33 (9,179 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Hastebin.com/yidimademi.tex
Message 3 of 33 (9,174 Views)

Hero

Is this the error you're getting: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup/ ?

Also happens if there's some invalid registry keys.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 33 (9,159 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I got a different code than that and I'm confident that I installed origin correctly.
Message 5 of 33 (9,155 Views)

Hero

But it says: Initialization error at startup ?

Did you do a re-installation or moved and files around ? Did you try reinstalling Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 33 (9,151 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I will try and update when I finish
Message 7 of 33 (9,150 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
It didn't work
Message 8 of 33 (9,145 Views)

Hero

Did you do a re-installation of the game or moved and files around ?

Maybe try cleaning the registry with ccleaner

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 33 (9,136 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I tried that
Message 10 of 33 (9,133 Views)