Sims 4 Won't Open

by Breisand

Original Post

Sims 4 Won't Open

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Just installed Sims 4 Digital Deluxe, and when I try to open it it tells me that I need to update. So I do, and then it tells me I'm good to go. But when I try starting it again, it again tells me that I need to update.

I've tried restarting the system and Origin as well, but nothing seems to work. 

Message 1 of 11 (951 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Won't Open

★★ Novice

I was able to play for around ten hours over the past week - in fact, I played for almost six last night.  And then today it is greyed out in origin and I don't have the option to start it.  It won't start on it's own from the desktop icon either.  I attempted a clean boot (which seems to be the most recommended thing to do) and nothing.

Here is a picture

Message 2 of 11 (899 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And I can't update the game... And of course - no playing before updating -.-

You are not alone with your problems... hopefully someone will fix this soon!

Message 3 of 11 (889 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i'm having the exact same problem as ckorkows

Message 4 of 11 (872 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same problem!

Message 5 of 11 (841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unable to open the Sims 4. Origin has the play option unavailable. So, same issue as well.

Message 6 of 11 (837 Views)

★★ Novice

I have tried a clean reboot, adding Origin (and TS4) to my security settings so they are 'allowed', running Origin as an administrator, updating my graphics drivers, and no luck.  (If you haven't tried any of these things do though, because they have worked for other people.)

I have to take my pup to get her blood drawn but after that I think I will have to sit through an EA technical support chat and see if I can't get answers.  If I find anything out I will update.  Good luck all!

Message 7 of 11 (824 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Mine is also grey! I played last night for 9 hours and then went to bed. Now that I'm up again, and it's grey and not letting me click the play button!

Message 8 of 11 (824 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, I finally found something that worked.

Go to the last post on this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/My-sims4-game-won-t-start/m-p/3446339

They discuss moving the sims 4 folder out of the origins games, then back it - it worked.  I hope it helps you all too!!!

Message 9 of 11 (772 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. It's grayed out in Origin and I can't play!

Message 10 of 11 (769 Views)