Sims 4 Won't Load

by chocolatebrown00

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Won't Load

★★★ Newbie

Once it loads to the map, I pick a household that I want to play with and then it just loads forever basically. I left my computer on for an hour and it was still loading. I've restarted my computer, I've tried to repair the game through origin, and I replaced some of the outdated mods. But it's still not loading. What should I do?

Message 1 of 18 (750 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Won't Load

@RF2291  Since the problem goes away with no mods present, it should be fairly simple to find the cause of this problem.  If you have a lot of mods and custom content, the 50/50 method can make the process more efficient:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

This kind of thing is not all that unusual.  We see it fairly often with cc: the game is fine right up until a particular item is placed in the world.  The same can be true of custom traits and the sim-related info that certain mods can apply.  Point is, if you find the problem mod (or cc file), you can remove only that and play forward.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 10 of 18 (430 Views)

All Replies

@chocolatebrown00  Please move the entire Mods folder to the desktop and delete localthumbcache.package, then test again.

If the game still won't load, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 18 (742 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I don't know alot about any of the technical side of Sims, do I have to move the mods before I delete localthumbcache?

Message 3 of 18 (723 Views)

@chocolatebrown00  Please do both at the same time, or rather, do both before you try to open the game again.

Message 4 of 18 (713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I moved the mods to the desktop and then deleted the localthumbcache. But it still didn't load. Got any other suggestions?

Message 5 of 18 (668 Views)

@chocolatebrown00  Then I need to see a dxdiag, as mentioned earlier.

Message 6 of 18 (634 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been having this same issue with the patch before the last. I would leave one family and try to go to another it would never load. Once we got the recent patch it stopped and started back working again. As of today, it started back up again. Tried to load into another family the game won't load at all. The Plumblob just keeps spinning and spinning but will never load. 

Message 7 of 18 (574 Views)

@RF2291  Is this true of only one or a few households; all households within one save; or all households in all saves?  Can you load the affected household(s) with no mods present?  You don't need to save your progress; the point is to test.

If you can't open any household even with mods removed, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 8 of 18 (563 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Sorry I am so late with my reply, but it's all of the households within one save. I removed all of my mods and the issue left, but I haven't added any new mod or anything since the last update and it was working fine. Then it just randomly stopped loading into other families, now the main family I usually play with loads just when I go to other families it won't load.

Message 9 of 18 (463 Views)

@RF2291  Since the problem goes away with no mods present, it should be fairly simple to find the cause of this problem.  If you have a lot of mods and custom content, the 50/50 method can make the process more efficient:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

This kind of thing is not all that unusual.  We see it fairly often with cc: the game is fine right up until a particular item is placed in the world.  The same can be true of custom traits and the sim-related info that certain mods can apply.  Point is, if you find the problem mod (or cc file), you can remove only that and play forward.

Message 10 of 18 (431 Views)
Twitter Stream